cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing/plan

Cindymarie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi the first two months my plane was good i paid $52 for unlimited calling with 2g but last month and this month ive paid over $80 just to get my phone turned back on what is going on and how do i get my money back

34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

And for heavens sake...take control of your business. This being a hands-on, self-serve system...do these things yourself. It's not difficult. It's not like the post-paids where all you can do is call them to do things. Here, for as long as your account is active you can do it all yourself. Not someone else that doesn't care about your money. Only you can care about your money.

@Cindymarie, you may not think you've changed your plan, but your transaction history says you have.  That is why we are saying you've changed your plan.

Setup up autopay, against a credit card or visa debit card.  Let the system work for you, rather than against you.

If you must manually top up by voucher payments, do so about 5 days before your renewal date (remember it is 30 or 90-day cycle).  If you must buy larger vouchers than your plan cost, keep tabs on your account balance so you don't pay more than you have too.

Cindymarie

They told me when i got the plane that it was $52 and i get 2g data unlimited talk and text all canada i never changed my plane ever

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cindymarie, I went out for some fresh air and tried looking at the split screen caps again.  I think I figured out what happened.  You have been using plan builder and changing your plan every 10 days or so.  I am not sure why you are trying to change your plan so frequenty.  It does not appear you fully understand the ramifications of doing frequent plan changes.  Each time you select a new plan and apply the change immediately, the payment for the last plan is lost even though the usage is not consumed yet.  Let's start from the beginning, what do you need in your plan?  Do you want talk, text and data, or just some of these features.  Talk and text are unlimited usage once the feature is selected.  Data is a limited usage item and so selecting data must include selecting how much data.  Within the plan selection, there is the option to select so called ready made plans or use plan builder to construct your own.  Quite often if the plan that you want is available through a ready made option, it will be less expensive than using plan builder.  If a ready made plan works for you don't construct the same plan through plan builder.  This is pretty much plan selection 101.  Once you determine the attributes for a plan that you want, I can provide additional guidance on making sure you selection is optimized to need.   

@Cindymarie I would like to see your payment history for the first 2 months. 

From what I can tell you renew around the 10th but your data seems to renew on the 20th. It can't be an add-on cuz the 2gb of LTE is not available as an add-on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cindymarie wrote:

Thanks for your help and i did send them a message hopefully they can help figure out what exactly happend and why i paid so much the past two months i just hope changing to this plane helps and next month wont be the same again

These kinds of pre-paid services are a lot more hands-on, manual, self-serve. You have to keep monitoring your My Account to make sure you're still active. Put something in your calendar for the 30 day renewal.

Things can be a little more automated if you choose to use the Autopay service that takes money from your credit card each month. Set it and forget it kind of thing. It seems as though you didn't have that. I wonder if you did NOT have Autopay set up. It seems as though maybe your service expired and then you had no working phone and then you scrambled to get it working again throwing more money at it.

The problem with autopay of course is what if your credit card expires and while they've sent you a new one...you have to go around making sure all your online accounts get updated.

Or simply that you no longer have that card and forget to go around making sure all your online accounts get updated with whatever new card you got.

And lastly, a little while ago there was huge bug brought into the Autopay service that messed up a whole swack of accounts and a bunch of people were screaming that they had no phone service. And rightfully so.

So all of the above to say...I don't like automated payments of any sort. I'll pay it on time. But don't be taking my money on your own. (I say to myself to any company that wants my money)

That and maybe one of the scenarios above caused your initial problems.

@Cindymarie I see now, you actually had a "Build your own plan" with Unlimited International text, Unlimited Canada Wide talk and 2gb of LTE data for $52, right?

Honestly the plan you are on now, unless you absolutely need LTE speeds is like @will13am mentioned, a better deal.

May I suggest you use some punctuation in your sentences. I can't figure out what is going on and a proper sentence would help.

Cindymarie

I dont know what happened but i hope this new plane i had to get works and i wont have any further issues

Cindymarie

No data no service going in or out until she switched me i paid $60 no service nothing then bought $22 still no service in and out no data turned phone off turned back on still nothing then she tried switching plane then all services came back on

Cindymarie

Thanks for your help and i did send them a message hopefully they can help figure out what exactly happend and why i paid so much the past two months i just hope changing to this plane helps and next month wont be the same again

OK, what about your text and data , were they working?

When you tried calling, all you got was a message saying to make a payment?

What happened when she tried calling you?

From what I can tell you were on the $45 2gb LTE plan correct?

@Cindymarie wrote:

I first bought a $60 voucher phone still didnt work then i bought a $22 voucher still didnt work so the lady at walmart said ill try switching planes to see if that works and it did phone was back active

If you had a plan renewal issue, you can message the moderator team and they can help remedy the problem.  Renewing early costs a lot extra even if it solves the problem.  That said, the plan you are currently on has twice the data and cost only $40 per month.  You might want to go over your case with the moderator team to see if they can do something to help offset those excessive plan changes. 

Cindymarie

I tried calling out she tried calling me and it just said for me to make a payment even though i just put $60 on

Cindymarie

I sent a private message i really hope they can help i paid alot of money the past two months when i hade the same plane that was suppose to only cost $52

Before getting the $60 voucher your phone wasn't working right?

Waht wasn't working? Was anyting working, text in/out, calls in/out or data?

Cindymarie

I first bought a $60 voucher phone still didnt work then i bought a $22 voucher still didnt work so the lady at walmart said ill try switching planes to see if that works and it did phone was back active

@Cindymarie n

You bought 2 different plans today, that is why you paid so much. What happend after getting the 2gb LTE plan which made you get the 4.5gb 3g plan?

Cindymarie

What do you mean the plane i got for $52 was unlimited talk and text and 2g data every 30 days i got that for the first months but last month and this month i paid over !52$ to get my service back and today i bought $82 of vouchers and no service until the lady switched me to 4g and unlimited talk text for $40

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cindymarie okay those aren't minutes you're buying, they're top-up vouchers.  Okay that clears that up.  I wouldn't suggest you go to Walmart for service help--they can only sell you the SIM card and help you activate.  That's about it.

I can't figure out why you have such frequent transactions if you weren't doing plan changes.  If you haven't already, please reach out to the moderator team right away to get into the support queue (currently they are taking about 48 hours or so to respond, so get your request in soon).  here's all the info you need in order to do so:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Cindymarie wrote:

I have to buy a prepaid voucher minuts that i add on my phone so it works

The prepaid voucher are not minutes, they are funds that get added to the account.  With that you pay for plan renewal.  It is the plan that comes with minutes, text and data.  Based on the payment history you just early renewed to the 4.5GB plan.  You used to be on a 2GB plan.  Effectively that is like paying twice in a period. 

Cindymarie

As you can see there is $37 for one thing and $20 for something else and two $10 for anouther why is it im paying more than $52 and this month i had to put $82 

Cindymarie

I have to buy a prepaid voucher minuts that i add on my phone so it works

Cindymarie

Ive never changed my plan only changed today because the lady at walmart who was trying to help figure out whsts going on with my phone changed my plane so i didnt pay more money again i paid $82 today

srlawren

@Cindymarie what do you mean by "buying minutes"?  It looks like any of the plans you have been on during this time have unlimited mintues.  I'm confused.  What minutes are you buying?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Cindymarie did you make several immediate plan changes in there?  It looks like you did from your transaction history.  You should know that doing so cancels whatever is left in your current cycle without refund.  This is how it works on pre-paid accounts [all accounts at Public Mobile are pre-paid accounts].  What you should have done is scheduled the plan change to occur at your next renewal date instead, which would not have had this effect.

Cindymarie

Screenshot_2018-09-20-20-48-23.png

Better

Cindymarie

When i call to find out when my payment is due it tells me one date but my phone gets suspended before that date so then i go buy minutes enough for my plane but its not enough i have to buy way more minuts so my phone is back active

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is very hard to read the history with the split screen.  Is it possible to post all on same screen even if the numbers are smaller.  I do see payments happening at frequency greater than 30 day cycle.  Are you manually renewing early each time?

Cindymarie

Screenshot_2018-09-20-20-07-57.png

Screenshot_2018-09-20-20-07-47.png

I hope this helps

Need Help? Let's chat.