cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing about transfering numbers

Imranakhan123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My 90 day plan just got renewed for $90, however I want to transfer to another carrier. Will I get a refund for the amount of days i did not use the plan (88 days), since I am leaving public mobile.

edited by computergeek541: miscategorized as Communiity

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Imranakhan123 

Sorry prepaid services are non refundable. This is clearly stated in the terms of service that you agreed to by renewing your services. I highly doubt pm will change those terms to the advantage of the customer.

Carefully consider your proposed new provider's plan and services and possible device subsidy. You can always wait until late October and give the new provider a 14 day trial that you are free cancelbat no cost you if you are unsatisfied with their product and/or services within 15 days and reasonable usage limits. 

If you don't port right away and you don't like the new service you won't risk losing accumulated rewards, bonuses, add ons and credits and your grandfathered plan.  Regret can be hard to live with for some....?

What is your current plan? Rewards? What is the deal you are being offered?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Imranakhan123   If your plan just renewed, then since PM is prepaid you're unlikely (not impossible) to get a refund if you port out before the 90 days is up.  Before the renewal cycle, you could have changed plans and dropped down to $15 plan but perhaps now it might be better to try to delay the porting until towards the end of your 90 day cycle. 

Try submitting a ticket to customer support to see if they will offer some partial refund, no guarantees, of course.   Here's a link to the chatbot: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Imranakhan123 sorry no refund that's bad timing on your part 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Imranakhan123 

in here no refund

but tried to contact support team by CS_Agent  maybe them can do it.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not refund money if you close your account for any reason.

If you paid already either stay for next 88 days or write off loss.

Need Help? Let's chat.