cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill payment extra charge fee

blackrice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Telus has announced that they will charge extra fee for credit card bill payment. Does anyone know whether Public Mobile will do this to credit card payment too?

8 REPLIES 8

@Becool wrote:

Does Public Mobile  need to give their customer, say 30 days' notice on the new charge if they will do the same?  I haven't got anything yet, at least up to now🤔

Public Mobile needs to give 30 days notice of changing the price of the plan of an existing customer.

Becool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does Public Mobile  need to give their customer, say 30 days' notice on the new charge if they will do the same?  I haven't got anything yet, at least up to now🤔

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just paying my bills today. 

Telus emailed my charges $81.11

Downloaded my statement  $81.11

Credit card statement $82.48

!!!So haywire!!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @blackrice 

At this point, it is uncertain whether PM will follow, but time will tell. 

But luckily Koodo does not have it yet.  Telus might starts this first to see the public response and see if Rogers and Bell will follow and they will decide if they will bring this great "invention" down to Koodo and PM

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Nobody know and we are hoping it will not happen. If it does, there will be a ways to load funds to your account and not paying fee Unless.... ALL business in Canada starts charging us that fee.

Then we will go from future cash-less society to 19th century cash society and barter...

Becool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, there

No yet, but I'm highly  suspicious it will, for A) Telus would not impulse such a uncompetitive policy unless it have to, B) there is news from CBC yesterday warning consumers to be aware of new "credit card using fees".

Canadian businesses can now charge credit card transaction fees | CBC.ca

Only wish Public Mobile standing still on its good service 😉

@blackrice wrote:

Telus has announced that they will charge extra fee for credit card bill payment. Does anyone know whether Public Mobile will do this to credit card payment too?

Unfortunately, none of the members here would be able to accurately answer that questions.  Public Mobile has not given any indication about this.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@blackrice hello not at the moment but I wouldn't say it won't happen in the future,I will be using other methods of payment at that time ie debit or voucher 

Need Help? Let's chat.