cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best value

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Curious of everyone’s thoughts on the best value plan 90GB for 90 days $117  4G service or 150GB for $150 unlimited 5G plan . I know this mostly comes down to how much data one needs . But is one plan a clear winner over the other . And why ? . Seems they both offer excellent value . And I can’t decide which one to stick with . Help me be happy with my decision for one or the other please . What would the majority of you choose and why 

10 REPLIES 10

@jor123  Yes I like the 90GB  90 day plan . But I’m so tempted for the 150GB 90 day unlimited 5G . And I’m coming of the 20GB for $39 30 day 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The 90GB over 90 days is perfect for me. Probably still a bit more data than I'll need, but a reasonably priced insurance policy... coming from the 1GB $25 lol

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Handy1 5G and unlimited data tempting

But for myself,  unless I tethering with laptop and need to work or I watch quite some HD video, I still don't see the value of 5G for general customers.  And with unlimited, the 512 is one of the better unlimited speed on the market, but once you start downloading at 5G speed, it is hard to spend even 1 day on 512 🙂

of course, you know your usage To Go or Not to go, that's the question  🙂

Makes sense!

I don't need more than 15GB per month, so I very much wish there was a smaller data bucket option with US roaming. Quebec has an amazing $43/20GB Can/US plan that would be perfect. Oh well, $50 (minus discounts) is still great for US roaming included.

@DennyCrane !all great points . I have one phone with US roaming now . But never leave the maritimes anyways .so more data it what I favour most . I typically like any plan that’s $40 or less because it’s not an expensive plan but not the cheapest . Try middle of the road price . And although $50 is $11 more for 20GB extra 5G unlimited is very tempting . Just can’t be sure I need it . But that said this 90 day cycle I’m 30 day in tm and already used 45 GB of data so going by the last 29 days seems50GB might be the answer 

@Handy1 Absolutely, but that means waiting. If I travel frequently to the US and/or I want to take advantage of the higher data bucket, I want access to it sooner rather than later. Not to mention if you move out of the country (or whatever), you're also not getting that money back.

@DennyCrane  But if you change plan for next renewal . You wouldn’t have to forfeit the 2 months (60days) just have to wait 2 months longer before being on the plan you want . But you’re right it is a tough choice . Especially for me who so  indecisive 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Tough to say as it's based on your personal needs.

I'm personally not a fan of the 90 day plans because it essentially locks you in for 90 days (and of course the obvious of having to prepay for 90 days). In my situation I was on the $39/20GB plan; I could have switched to the $117/90GB 90 day plan (same overall price, but 10GB more per month), but I would have regretted that within a month because the $50/40GB Can/US plan came out, which fits my needs better. Had I been on a 90 day plan I would have had to wait an additional 2 months to switch, or forfeit 60 days of prepaid services.

I do see the benefit of being able to have your data bundled up front, which essentially gives you rollover data for 90 days. And of course the savings in exchange for prepaying. 

@Handy1 wrote:

Curious of everyone’s thoughts on the best value plan 90GB for 90 days $117  4G service or 150GB for $150 unlimited 5G plan . I know this mostly comes down to how much data one needs . But is one plan a clear winner over the other . And why ? . Seems they both offer excellent value . And I can’t decide which one to stick with . Help me be happy with my decision for one or the other please . What would the majority of you choose and why 

The best value is the plan that is priced the lowest but still meets your needs. Only you can answer of which plan is best.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Just based on price per gig, the 150/150 is the best price.

But there's no way I'm spending that kind of money for my needs.

Need Help? Let's chat.