Did you mean: 

Being charged for account I no longer have

DW5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been charge for months now for an accountI no longer have

12 REPLIES 12

DW5

Yes except I do not have trouble with my new provider. I have been using it for months now - but am still charged for the public account- which I can not log into. It says….. That I can complete an activation - which I assume means my old account was terminated. 

DW5

I do not have it anymore. Not since august- my new account is in good working order I have never had an issue with the new account through the new service provider.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Kind of wondering @DW5 

Do you still have that Public Mobile SIM card? If so, if you put it in your phone, do you still have service?

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DW5 wrote:

I ported out to Koodo, through a dealership. WhenI try to log into my old account, it says I have nothing owing and no subscriptions but I keep getting charged for my old account 

If you're still able to login to your Self-Serve account then you still have a Self-Serve account.

The account has not been terminated (closed forever). It is still active.

If you have already requested a number port from your new provider then your Public Mobile account will automatically be terminated once the port is complete (CRTC allows up to 10 business days, up to 30 days in certain unusual circumstances, but most number ports are partially completed within minutes and fully completed within 2-3 business days). You must keep your old (Public Mobile) service active until the number port happens because number ports on inactive or suspended accounts automatically fail. If your billing cycle hit you during this time then that's just unfortunate, Public Mobile (like every other Canadian prepaid phone provider) does not issue refunds as a matter of course.

The proper thing to do is to contact your new provider (Koodo?) and confirm the number port request is in progress. It might have gotten snagged on a minor problem (like your name/address isn't EXACTLY the same text at both providers or whatever) which a person at Koodo Mobile or at Public Mobile could correct in minutes - but the Koodo agent is just a phone call away while the Public agent is hidden behind a stupidbot gatekeeper and convoluted support ticket queue system.

DW5

Thank you 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DW5  Usually get reply with in the hour sometimes longer but 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

DW5

I have submitted a request to the Agent, how long does that normally take?

DW5

I can only log into the part that says I can resubscribe to public. Not actually see my account anymore

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DW5  Then you certainly need contact support if you successfully ported number out to Koodo it will automatically close your PM account . And you shouldn’t be charged agin .whats also odd thou is that you say you a still log into the your PM account ? 

DW5

I ported out to Koodo, through a dealership. WhenI try to log into my old account, it says I have nothing owing and no subscriptions but I keep getting charged for my old account 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DW5 

Did you port out to another service? How did you cancel your Public Mobile account? Do you have any proof you cancelled?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DW5  You might wanna have support investigate that

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.