cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bait and Switch!

Legacy_Rewards
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I fell for the bait and switch by Telus. Most customers here are looking for a low cost mobility plan. They cannot afford tier 1 plans. I was receiving a $6 credit each cycle and the only reason I changed to a higher cost plan recently was my credit offset the costs. If I had known this was going to happen I would have taken a lower cost plan.... but now that plan is no longer offered.

Someone from Public Mobile please tell us how there are more opportunities to earn rewards? I mean most Canadians are not gullible Republicans.

"We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward."

8 REPLIES 8

@PointsAreCrap wrote:

That doesn't sound very good compared to the old system. And does the 5% get calculated off the plan price, or what you pay after discounts? I'm already losing $2/mo auto-pay, and my loyalty is going from $5/mo ($60/yr) to $10/yr. At least the referral discounts seem to be the same, but that's assuming some of them don't bail because of this ridiculous change. 

The 5% is based on the amount of the plan cost you are actively paying from your credit card on file or vouchers. So if you are on a $34 plan and redeem 15points for a $15 credit, the 5% will only be applied to the $19 remainder of real money.

Also, there will be no discounts anymore, even less so automatic. Except for the scenario above you'll always pay full plan price. All points, including for your referrals, will accumulate in your points account and, once you have a minumum of 15 points, you will need to go into your account and manually redeem them for $15 to be deposited into your available funds.

PointsAreCrap

That doesn't sound very good compared to the old system. And does the 5% get calculated off the plan price, or what you pay after discounts? I'm already losing $2/mo auto-pay, and my loyalty is going from $5/mo ($60/yr) to $10/yr. At least the referral discounts seem to be the same, but that's assuming some of them don't bail because of this ridiculous change. 

The_Stitched
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My complaint - and it's not about changing the verbage of what is a "reward" vs "point" is that --- it *sounds* like applying "points" is a manual process I have to actively attend to unlike how it is now - "fire and forget"; rewards applied automatically.

If they set it up so that I can choose how to spend points in a "fire and forget" way, where I assign allocation and it's applied monthly unless I change it, then I don't really what they call it - as long as it's the same rewards as I have now.

Nikkk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Honestly I'm choked this is forced now

@Legacy_Rewards not sure what it will do but all we can do is try and get more attention to it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Legacy_Rewards

@ShawnC13 

Thank you for bringing situations like this to the higher ups.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Legacy_Rewards, The Oracle team has pushed this exact point in our dedicated thread and I have been posting links to the comments like this to show how many people were upgrading plans based on the fact that their rewards offset most of the cost and it still worked in their budget and now without the rewards it is not someting they would have signed up for.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Legacy_Rewards 

you are still earning rewards here, just become 5% in Public Points.  You will get 10 points off every year on anniversary.  To earn more rewards, bring in friends for referral points. 1 Active friend = 1 point.  And come to help in the Community.  It's not hard to earn 1 point a cycle, or even 2 points.  You just register the Community id today, so best to start earning something you never did before

Need Help? Let's chat.