cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badges and Rewards

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I want some clarification on the topic.  I received an email stating I have received a "Top 10%" badge for the month of March.

If I understand the system correctly (as per solution posted by @hTideGnow) , I will be getting $5/5 points as a reward applicable to my next billing statement or points accrual until I reach 15 points for application to the next statement?

Bottomshelf_0-1712952726942.png

I find it odd that I would be in the top 10% when I have only started posting again once the loyalty rewards fiasco started to happen.  I've only made maybe 3 or 4 posts on that topic and another post on another topic. 

How are the "Top XX%" calculated?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I checked my account and PM included a $5 credit.  I'm on the $15 plan and my next bill will be $1!

It doesn't make economical sense for me to switch to another provider in May because of the point system.  I  will still be paying less here compared to other service providers; unless someone can tell me otherwise.

For the next billing cycle I will be paying the maximum $6 (before considering the "Top 10%" reward); basically $9 discount before taxes.  Under the new scheme, I will be eligible for 43 points (5% x $15 + 2 referrals + 10 anniversary points).

However it makes sense for my spouse who is on the $25 plan and currently playing $21 before taxes.   Freedom's $149 plan would more than meet her needs (but I will lose her referral).

Have a good day!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Similar amount of surprise here - I didn't expect anything, and it doesn't really make sense, yet, here we are, the March community reward making my last payment before points a solid zero. Go figure.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I got the same, and I didn't think I participated a whole lot more than normal but hard to tell 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bottomshelf 

There is a secret formula that PM uses to calculate your reward points.

It will be applied to your total points collected so far for 15 points for the $15 credit off your bill.

Interesting that you only replied to 3-4 post s for the top 10%…everything helps for a discount on our monthly bill.
This will give incentive for others to help on this Community.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bottomshelf 

I 'spect that since the announcement of reduction of Rewards benefit in favour of points, many knowledgeable Community contributors have decided to not participate further or nearly as much...leaving a bit more $$ in the Reward pool for this month.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bottomshelf 

Yes, you have earned 5 points. Only PM knows what the algorithm is for receiving community rewards. The rewards for March were given to many customers. More than the usual. Not sure if PM is doing this to smooth things over for the lost of loyal and autopay rewards coming to an end.

Need Help? Let's chat.