cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Funds: $12

Habsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up  on the new 4GB / $40 plan with autopay. Looks like it went through. However it says my available funds is $12 and amount due is $108. Shouldn't my available funds be $120?

9 REPLIES 9

Mengxuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I also have the same "$12 funds". I wonder if it's because of the "auto payment" reward. Since they charged $120 for the first month they might just give you that $6 back the second month....

But yeah, I wound't worry about it. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Probably a bug, sometimes when I refer a friend i get 3$/90 days and sometimes $6/90days.  I don't mind the extra credit 🙂

MyzMc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wife just signed up with autopay on 90 days and it also says $12 available funds (whereas mine was $6).  I think it is a bug with PM?

A 30-day plan is not a 1-month plan (excepting the 30-day months of April, June, September, and November), and a 90-day plan is not (ever) a 3-month plan, so plan renewal dates will often fall on different days of the month.

Autopay applies a $2 discount on 30-day plans, a $6 discount on 90-day plans.  But it seems like Autopay and announcements about Community Rewards are assigned on a calendar-monthly basis, not a strictly 30-day basis, lol.

I've noticed that Public Mobile always collects my payment one day after payment is due, and they've even given me an extra day or two "free" service a couple times - I suspect because of stat long weekend vs business weekdays - but I wouldn't recommend banking under the assumption that these little gaps always occur.

If you don't pay when payment is due then your account and service could be suspended.  Your plan might be terminated and have to be setup again from scratch (and if you have a "grandfathered" plan then it might be lost forever, though I'm unwilling to experiment with this).  But you will not lose your number unless your account remains suspended for at least a full 90 days.  I don't think Public Mobile assesses any "disconnection" or "reconnection" penalties, but you'd have to endure a few days without phone service (and possibly request assistance from PM staff) after paying up on a suspended account.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

plan is 90 days not 3 months... so that is why your renewal date is not feb 9. 

Maybe you added extra funds...no reason why there is $12 extra dollars there. Autopay does not take into affect until your first renewal as autopay implys auto pay (your first was manual). 

Habsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. Everything is working. So that's the important part. I just got confused by the terminology. It also says my renewal date is Feb 6 althought I signed up Nov 9th. But I'll follow nekkidtruth advise and let it work itself out.

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The $108 is what you will have to pay at the next renewal date (plus tax).  Hopefully everything is working.

Welcome to Public Mobile Smiley Happy

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Habsy!

Is your phone working? Able to send/receive text and calls? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about that. They tend to work themselves out after a day or two 🙂

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm not sure how you got $12, but that should be the auto-renew reward on your account(which I thought should only show $6).  The $120 you paid was already applied to your plan because it's pre-paid.  The $108 due is what you will pay in 90 days when your plan renews.

Need Help? Let's chat.