cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay vs. Vouchers or Both?

emby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been reading a few recent posts where members are sharing their experiences with purchasing vouchers from various online and retail locations, 

and sometimes for a slight discount @mimmo . I'm signed up for autopay as I assumed that was the best way to ensure the most affordable monthly cost savings. I'm wondering if there is a real advantage to purchasing vouchers or doing a mixture of both autopay and vouchers? If I remain in autopay but one month I purchase enough vouchers and/or have enough rewards to cover my bill, do I still receive the $2 autopay reward?

10 REPLIES 10

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Of course setup auto pay and get $2 off every month.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

@emby  another reason people will top up their account before renewal with credit cards or vouchers is the payment system can be glitchy and cause a payment failure which causes loss of service.  This issue used to be more prevalent, than now but it does still occasionally occur.  This being  said, out of  the 5 accoucts I manage never have I had an issue.

@mimmo Good to hear about your experiences with auto pay. I haven't any issues with mine for the three months I have been with Public Mobile and hope it stays that way. 😊

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@emby To have optimal savings, use both - Autopay and vouchers. Autopay give 2$ off, and vouchers are on sale frequently.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You'll receive Autopay rewards as long as you have a credit card linked to your account. You can use vouchers to make payments even if you have Autopay enabled.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@emby  another reason people will top up their account before renewal with credit cards or vouchers is the payment system can be glitchy and cause a payment failure which causes loss of service.  This issue used to be more prevalent, than now but it does still occasionally occur.  This being  said, out of  the 5 accoucts I manage never have I had an issue.

fdrcamb519

@emby 

I personally do a mixture of both, if I get vouchers for a discount price or Because I have a credit card that I get 3% on groceries and if buy voucher at grocery store I get discount other months I let auto pay handle payment.

Daps

@emby as others wrote, registering your credit card on your account means you qualify for the $2 autopay credit.
And you are not forced to pay with your credit card. You can pay with any of the accepted payment methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@emby wrote:

I've been reading a few recent posts where members are sharing their experiences with purchasing vouchers from various online and retail locations, 

and sometimes for a slight discount @mimmo . I'm signed up for autopay as I assumed that was the best way to ensure the most affordable monthly cost savings. I'm wondering if there is a real advantage to purchasing vouchers or doing a mixture of both autopay and vouchers? If I remain in autopay but one month I purchase enough vouchers and/or have enough rewards to cover my bill, do I still receive the $2 autopay reward?

As stated it is best to register a credit card right away.  You can add funds to your account at any time via voucher, or credit card and it will sit in Available Funds until your renewal date.  On your renewal date any rewards earned will also be converted to Available Funds and the required amount for your plan (less autopay) will be deducted from what you have in Available Funds.  Any outstanding amount would then be charged to your credit card

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is better to have autopay setup in order to save $2 per month savings.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes @emby as long as a credit card is attached to a valid self service account.  You will receive the $2 autopay reward. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.