cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay not working

jshortt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is up for renewal today. I have autopay turned on. My credit card is in good order. My service is suspended. The same is true for my wife's account

How do I fix this?

Honestly I can't stick with Public Mobile if this happens again

John

13 REPLIES 13

Smartin_20

I had issues about May 17 where the visa I had on two accounts kept failing when adding roaming packages. 

I ended up successfully adding a MasterCard which I’ve never used previously to get packages added prior to vacation. 

Today, I successfully added back the visa and paid one of the accounts, ahead of the due date. 

Ironically, never had autopay issues in the 1.5 years we have been with public mobile. Now have 3 lines here and love the service. 

@jshortt, as you have the credit already, this means it's in progress.  DO NOT PAY EXTRA.

There are two dates to worry about.  On the overview page the AutoPay date is listed.  It is one day before the actual renewal date.

2 years ago, payments were processed on AutoPay date starting about 9pm Toronto time.  Processing happened through the evening, and in the wee hours of the "due date".  Used to end at about 2am "the next day".

Unfortunately, it's starting later (ie 3 am the next morning) and taking until noon to process now.

If you have service - do nothing.  If you do have service - contact the moderator_team account.

jshortt

Thanks I will do that.

jshortt

Got it. And the crazy part is that I've already gotten the AutoPay reward today

I use the same credit card for both my wife and I (renewals on the same day) and I've never had an issue with renewals.

If your service isn't working at the moment, then YES, definitely contact a moderator just to see what's going on:  click here to send message to moderators

Sorry to hear of your troubles!

Korade

Hi jshortt,

You can message the moderators, but here are two things that come to mind reading through this thread:

1. For right now, you can manually top up your account with vouchers, or another/the same credit card. You will not lose your autopay reward for doing so.

2. Is your credit card working for all other purchases? Although the chance is remote, maybe there is some sort of fraud alert/freeze on your account?

jshortt

The 2 accounts use the same cc and expire on the same day. Maybe that's the problem. Do I need to send a PM to the moderator to get this looked at?

Thanks

jshortt

I don't have service so it's a big problem for me.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

as mentioned if you have service then all should be ok.  but you might want to manually top up your account to the renewal amount. especially if both accounts use  teh same credit card.  sometimes autopay can fail if the same creditcard is used and the account renewals are renewed close together.

if no service then try topping up manually and that should restore service if not you need to contact the mods to restore service.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if your phone is still working, then you don't have to worry about it!

Not trying to be harsh... but S--S's help wasn't helpful at all. This is the "copying and pasting" nonsense that the regular Community members are talking about. 

Come on Community, we can do better! Let's focus on really helping people and not just padding our stats for a financial reward!  Robot Happy

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Ignore @Anonymous's advice... this has NOTHING to do with your browser.

Your credit card will be charged tonight. Your account going into "suspended" on the day of your renewal is normal. I had the same concern as you did the on my first renewal, but everything in My Account looked back to normal the next day.

Just to check... does your phone service still work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your credit card will be charged mid night
don't worry

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.