cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay issue

Justin_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently received an email stating that something was wrong with my Autopay renewal, and therefore, my account was deemed to be suspended, However, with Autopay, I received a notification informing me that I paid for the monthly plan yesterday. Is it possible to address this situation because it was alarming in my email feed.

202 REPLIES 202

Yes @WillTheThrill82 , many got the email today, it certainly looks to be a bug in the messaging system.   PM should post an announcement to clear the issue  and apologize 

WillTheThrill82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also got the same email about missing payment and account suspension today. When i log into my account all appears fine and my cc was already charged yesterday. First time seeing an email like this. I suspected a phishing scam as well... Either that or a bug in their messaging system.

qtnglwd

I also received the same email for the first time and I have been with PM for over 5 years.   Not knowing if it was a scam, I chose not to click on the email link and logged into my account through the website.  My account shows it is still active.  Also, my renewal is the 9th day of the month and received my emails 2 days after my renewal date.  When I checked the next payment it showed February 9, 2022. My credit card also shows payment was made on February 10, 2022.  It automatic payment may have been impacted by the weekend.  PM should look into this and post a clear response to this. 

irenelui0522

Thanks all for your reply. 

aruss951

I have received the same email from

publicmobileservice@info.publicmobile.ca

Same situation. My credit card charge went through then the next day I am to account is in suspend.

Phone does work but being told to ignore it is not a satisfactory answer. So I am off to find a carrier that provides customer service.  Thanks for nothing Telus!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@OwenD 

I'm guessing your autopay was processed just fine unless there's some other reason you suspect your card may have been declined.

lgrunte

Thanks. I actually went to the "submit ticket" area - went through the motions and the ticket failed, but it gave me an option to send a private email to customer service. I've been able to report the issue and have let them know it seems to be a trend. Thanks for your help.

@lgrunte 

People 'on this thread' are customers just like you.   We can't actually affect any changes directly within Public Mobile, only indirectly.

One can hope a Customer Support Agent or PM Staffer may be 'monitoring' this thread.   

lgrunte

Is there someone in this thread who can actually look into this? I received the email. My parents who are also PM customers did NOT, so to say it happens to everyone when the account payment is going through is not accurate! I want to know why I received this email and make sure it isn't going to happen again. The submit ticket option is not working, so it was suggested if we need an agent to put a message in here, but so far I can't find anyone who can actually look into this.

Publicuser1968

I got same email, when I log in my account, everything looks normal, payment completed on time and balance is zero. There must be PM system glitch, I will just ignore it for now. 

OwenD

I got it too! Interesting part is my PM account shows the autopay being applied, but my bank account doesn’t show the payment yet (should have been on the 10th). Will wait and see how it goes! As of right now I still have service.

Golden04Ally
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you, I was about to ask the same question.

PM sends emails about accounts being suspended due to lack of payment?

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JLO2 

if showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or Suspended and your services are working,

just ignore,,

all customers getting those message the night before day of renewal.

on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

right now something in the system email is being sent to all clients ... just ignore ,,

and enjoy your service....

@JLO2 

Make sure when you login to your self-serve, that your Account Status is displaying as "Active".

Bear in mind, though, on the evening of each renewal, your Account Status will display as various modes of "Suspended" to "Expired" until the account pulls funds from either your auto-pay or the available funds.   Don't let that concern you as the key message here is "if you have all calling services, leave well enough alone".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a scam. Just an error. If your services are working you can just ignore it.

JLO2

I received an email saying my account is suspended, but when I login to my account all appears to be in order.

Was the email a scam?

Thanks!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

Thank you for an update. Good to know PM is aware of this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meteor : But are your services working? This place has zero impact on your credit. They don't even verify who you are. And it's pre-pay...no credit involved.

Meteor

I have the same problem ☹️. The only reason that made me subscribe to Autopay is not to worry about payment deadlines, but now I don't know what's going on and I have to waste time trying to get someone from public mobile to see what is the problem. Also, if they mark that you didn't pay it can affect you credit history; it's very annoying. 

@Fran33 

yes, the issue is they are trying to make up for all the freebies they gave away

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dodes : But are your services working? If yes then just ignore it all and carry on.

Edit: after your newer post...wait that sounds like something different. Are your services working?

Dodes

so if my service is fine than I just ignore???? it says in 90 days it will suspend?????

Dodes

This has happened to me as well today and I'm very frustrated that I cannot get help and will be punished just when I've done my duty.  If cheap service means zero service when PUBLIC MOBILE makes a mistake...not cool

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aaroncck : Oh ok. So what is the problem you're having? Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

aaroncck

sadly, my service is out 😞 I did send a PM to CS. Let's see if we can get this sorted out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aaroncck : There's a problem with the ticketing system but ... are your services working? There was an erroneous email sent earlier. Ignore it all if your services are working.

aaroncck

Tried the bubble but its not going anywhere. Logged in my community account, cannot submit ticket or anything. This is just frustrating. 

How do I get help with this? Can the Moderator please PM me and help? Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@okellyki 

if showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or Suspended and your services are working,

just ignore,,

all customers getting those message the night before day of renewal.

on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

right now something in the system email is being sent to all clients ... just ignore ,,

and enjoy your service..

Need Help? Let's chat.