cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay failed and self serve is down

dianecreative
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I get my phone working? Self-serve at first showed a blank for the amount due, and said that the balance was adequate when i clicked pay. Now the whole self serve website is down. Phone doesn't work. No answer from tech support. (This situation is unacceptable.) 

34 REPLIES 34

AnneMac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Posting on behalf of my elderly mother here, as she is not strong with this sort of environment. Her cell service (with autopay) was suspended today, even though autopay usually charged her card on the 3rd or 4th. A manual payment was made on the account, and it is back on as a consequence, but really, how can this happen? This is her primary phone service, which frankly was improperly suspended. I think I will need to explore other providers for her, unless Public communicates with all affected customers directly to explain and assure that the problem has been fixed.

Tulahb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account keeps logging me out... so I guess I have no choice but to wait for the moderators to respond and tell me what to do. This is such a bizarre and unprofessional situation!


@Tulahb wrote:

My account keeps logging me out... so I guess I have no choice but to wait for the moderators to respond and tell me what to do. This is such a bizarre and unprofessional situation!


Buy a voucher from a store or ding.com. Add it from 611. You won't need to get into self serve.


@Tulahb wrote:

My account keeps logging me out... so I guess I have no choice but to wait for the moderators to respond and tell me what to do. This is such a bizarre and unprofessional situation!


@Tulahb 

Due to more volume of customers access self service account, it is even slower than usual.  Hopefully, moderators will respond soon.  If not, you can try later this evening when it is hopefully less busier.

 

Have you tried calling 611 on your phone to load funds?  You will need to know your 4 digit PIN number that you picked when you first activated your account  

 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

@jch54  @AnneMac 

I suggest you start looking for a new provider because pm cannot 100% guarantee that autopay won't fail. While this was an extremely unusual system failure....autopay failures do occur on occasion. Our best estimate since pm doesnt release subscriber numbers ( approximately 2,000,000 accounts have been created since inception) but based on a subscribership of 300,000 (its probably at least 3× that) there is a 0.03% chance of an autopay failure occuring on any given month. As such pm can only given a 99.97% chance of it not occurring....and however it may happen when subscribed to a prepaid service provider if they don't recieve payment your services will stop. A post paid account will ensure non payment of the bill will immediately result in loss of services.

As per my post on the other autopay failure thread....

 

While it is unacceptable to have autopay fail and to have a larger autopay failure affecting many more customers happening along with issues with the ability to log in to self serve is a larger disaster! Inundating the moderators ( on a statutory holiday no less!) with requests will certainly slow down wait times. Affected customers can try to log into their self serve accounts. If they are unable to do this then a payment thru 611 should activate your service again.

 

  1. Credit cards on file can be used for payments via 611 but the 4 digit pin code is required to access and authorize credit card charges of pre-selected amounts only.
  2. Voucher payments can be made via 611. Once dialed and connected Press ( 1 ) then ( 1 ) again. Enter the 12 digit pin code from the voucher. Once successfully entered the account will immediately reactivate and service will resume.
  3. Remember not all vouchers are immediately valid after purchase. Vouchers purchased from 7/11, London Drugs, SDM and Shell stations are all immediately valid and loadable onto your account via 611 so can be done "in-store" after purchase.
  4. Real time payments by giving your phone number to the clerk are available at Canadian Tire gas bars ( not in store at customer service those vouchers have delayed validity) and Mobil gas stations for a $1 RTP fee.
  5. Instant top ups are available at some retailers ( east of the Rockies?) at retailers such as SDM but I have no knowledge to impart on these payments.
  6. Online payments can be made thru recharge.com or ding.com for a small fee. They may take up to 3 hours to register in your account.

Further community member contributed info on vouchers can be found in the voucher catalogue....

 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

 

For additional help if you are able to access your account but are getting error messages or other issues adding a payment via credit card follow these instructions :

 

 
Spoiler

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

 

  1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

 

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

 

 

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

lindabkai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the solution. It definitely worked. I still don't get how they can charge me the full $15 when they've also credited my account with a $2 autopay rebate. I guess we'll find out next month!


@lindabkai wrote:

Thanks for the solution. It definitely worked. I still don't get how they can charge me the full $15 when they've also credited my account with a $2 autopay rebate. I guess we'll find out next month!


They only charge what you tell it for a manual payment. Remember that there's tax.

DonaldB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is an unacceptable solution. Why is the customer paying a fee for Public's incompetency in regards to their payment system not functioning? I renewed my card credit prior to my previous billing and now the system is not accepting my credit card even though I updated it. If you are a Mayor / Maire and your solution for customers to buy an online credit for which they have to pay a fee then you are a part of the problem and not the answer. 


@DonaldB wrote:

That is an unacceptable solution. Why is the customer paying a fee for Public's incompetency in regards to their payment system not functioning? I renewed my card credit prior to my previous billing and now the system is not accepting my credit card even though I updated it. If you are a Mayor / Maire and your solution for customers to buy an online credit for which they have to pay a fee then you are a part of the problem and not the answer. 


Community mayors are customers. They do not work for Public Mobile. If a customer wants to try to ask Public Mobile for a credit to compensate for any such voucher purchase fees, that might be worth a try.  However, in the meanwhile, most people would consider getting the service up and working and then worry about the rest later. 

Need Help? Let's chat.