cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay failed and self serve is down

dianecreative
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I get my phone working? Self-serve at first showed a blank for the amount due, and said that the balance was adequate when i clicked pay. Now the whole self serve website is down. Phone doesn't work. No answer from tech support. (This situation is unacceptable.) 

34 REPLIES 34

dianecreative

ok, but in the meantime the phone line is down. downtime is unusual for any cellular provider. 

@dianecreative wrote:

ok, but in the meantime the phone line is down. downtime is unusual for any cellular provider. 

@dianecreative I understand, and that would suck. If it is any comfort, you are not alone in that today!

Sorry, that is probably not very comforting. 😑

karatefeet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you can get back into self service. Make manual payment for the amount outstanding. Choose Other Amount and enter the amount outstanding, don’t choose Amount due. This worked for me rather than waiting for the mods to fix it. This affected 2 of my lines and I agree it’s unacceptable. 

View solution in original post

dianecreative

self serve has now completed the payment, thanks for the responses! telus/public definitely owes us a free day of cellular service 

@dianecreative wrote:

@dianecreative   You could purchase a voucher and upload funds via 611.  These can be purchased online at recharge.com as well as the places I mentioned earlier.  Online purchase will charge a small fee for the convenience.

Edit:  good to hear it's all sorted! 😊

dianecreative

working now. this experience was not convenient 

Kay-Oss

@esjliv  

and @dianecreative I had similar problems today, but now I am back up and running.
 My biggest issue is that I did not keep my account P.I.N in a special place (whoops) but I kept trying via my account on the website and by calling 611. Each time with 611 I would choose the option to pay with my preregistered credit card and it would ask for my pin, I entered many different pins that I'd used over the years with other accounts (not just phone) and none worked. Then about 20 minutes ago I gave it another try, it did not ask me for a P.I.N. just if I'd like to pay the amount owing with the pre-registered credit card. Hell ya! It told me the balance, I agreed, no pin necessary, and service is back, my account online shows me once again in good standing with all the elements that it had before this mess happened. Keep trying, and thank-you to @esjliv !!! 

@Kay-Oss 

Thanks for that very informative feedback as to not having to use your pin # to make a payment using your credit card. I'm not sure if pm has lifted this requirement for suspended accounts in light of the current autopay system failure or if your many attempts at guessing your pin triggered another glitch? Calling 611 I was asked for the pin#....but I do not have a suspended account or amount "due" since I have a positive balance on my account. But I am happy you were able to pay for your plan and renew your service.

jch54

It is unacceptable that customers set up autopayment, then have their phone and data services disconnected when the autopayments are not processed through no fault of the customers.  PM needs to communicate with (and apologize to!) all of us whose phone and data services were disconnected, even though they had made advance autopay arrangements!  I've had some bad service from other carriers in the past, but never had my services disconnected due to an error on the carrier's part.  

jch54

PS - if this kind of thing happens again I'll be looking for another carrier!

Need Help? Let's chat.