cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay didn't go through.....

Shipwreck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My autopay is supposed to go through tomorrow, but for some reason my plan expired today. I have enough in my account to pay for my cell service and one other bill, so I don't want to manually pay the cell bill only to have them take it out again later and then my other bill not getting paid due to NSF....

If I manually pay will the auto pay still try to go through later?

34 REPLIES 34

Thanks @pm-smayer97  and @darlicious , great info!!!

@darlicious wrote:

@Shipwreck 

Here's a few points about autopay and your renewal for future reference.

• At 9pm eastern on the evening before your renewal date your account will show expired.
  • At 12 midnite eastern your plan renews, your data/minute/text (if not unlimited) counter on your overview and usage pages will reset. It will still show plan expired in your account.
  • Shortly after midnite eastern any rewards you may have will be applied to your balance and show in your Available Funds.
  • Around 2am eastern your $10/30 day plan and applicable $5/talk/$15/$25/$30/$40/data plan is charged to your account in the transaction history.
  • The plan amount owing will deduct/debit from any rewards applied to your balance first.
  • Next any plan amount still owing will deduct/debit from any remaining available funds in your balance.
  • Before 3am eastern any remaining plan amount owing if you are registered for autopay will be charged to the card on file.
  • The autopay system will only attempt to charge the card on file that is registered for autopay one time. 
  • If anything interrupts this payment process* and the card charge is not accepted or approved for payment your autopay fails and your account is slated for suspension (or deactivation**).
  • Between 3am and 6am eastern if you log into your account and look at your transaction history and see all of the above except AUTOMATIC TOP UP applied and a $0 plan amount owing*** your account will change at 6am to suspended and your services will stop working.
  • You have about a 3 hour window between 3am and 6am eastern to manually top up your account by credit card or voucher via 611 or thru your self serve or by instant top up at a retailer or online with recharge.com or ding.com ( extra fees are charged for instant top ups.)
  • If your payment is recieved before 6am eastern your account will show active at 6am.
  • At noon eastern you recieve the SMS text(s) from pm via 611. The "Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account." Followed by the "Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed!" SMS text. You will not recieve this text if your autopay failed.

* An autopay failure can be caused by an expired card, a card on hold, over the limit, fraud alerts, billing address change, consecutive charges for the same amount, in or out of house concurrent charges, power surges/failures, account technical anomalies or an act of god/natural disasters.

Edit: Well mind blown!! Apparently if you use the lost/stolen feature in your even briefly during your 30 day cycle it causes an additional glitch ( to your rewards not getting applied during renewal) it will also cause an autopay failure!! This new info courtesy of @pm-smayer97 ...thx!

**Accounts suspended for 90 days without payment will be cancelled and deactivated at 6am eastern on the 90th day.

***Renewals can be delayed occasionally. If each step of renewal has not been detailed in your transaction history by the normal time schedule. Your account/service suspension or deactivation will be delayed by an equal amount of time. ( Delays up to 6 hours have occurred in the past.)

Although a lot is correct, there are some clarifications/corrections in order. The actual times for the above are as follows:

Though I cannot confirm what happens at 9 pm (I have never bothered to pay attention to the timing of when PM marks accounts as Suspended just before renewal, I can confirm that the other times are actually as follows:

- Starting @ 12AM ET all applicable rewards are applied to your account (the actual order is always Community  then AutoPay then Referrals then Loyalty). The latest I have observed it to occur is 12: 40 AM

- Starting at 2 AM ET, AutoPay is triggered to top-up the account to make sure sufficient funds are in the account to cover the cost of your selected plan. If there are already sufficient funds, nothing happens.

- Starting @ 6AM accounts are renewed if there are sufficient funds and the account is not suspended using the Lost Phone feature. This is when your account is charged the plan amount. Also, any accounts that are still suspended for 90 days get terminated. So you have until 6AM the day of your termination to unsuspend and manually re-activate the account before it is permanently terminated.

And yes, you have up to 6 AM to take any corrective action needed to not lose service or your account. Do keep in mind any planned or unplanned maintenance that can prevent you from accessing Self-serve.

(I have been do this and monitoring this very frequently with several plans for over 3 years)

Another caveat is that although you can top-up your account via 611 and it even makes you believe that you can re-activate a suspended account that way via that top-up, it actually does NOT work. The ONLY way to unsuspend an account is via the Self-Serve Lost Phone feature or via a moderator.

@hTideGnow 

You can give that other bravo to @pm-smayer97 who provided an immense amount guidance when I did some renewal/suspension testing a few ago on three accounts.

@gpixel   i saw your original post.. OP definitely confused with the payment date.. I think OP finally understand it is a 30 day cycle. 

OP didn't reply for couple hours.. I guess 

@darlicious  I won't be surprised that a junior Mod here might not even know as clear about this as you do.. 

Can I click Bravo twice on your post??

Hello???

@Shipwreck 

Here's a few points about autopay and your renewal for future reference.

• At 9pm eastern on the evening before your renewal date your account will show expired.
  • At 12 midnite eastern your plan renews, your data/minute/text (if not unlimited) counter on your overview and usage pages will reset. It will still show plan expired in your account.
  • Shortly after midnite eastern any rewards you may have will be applied to your balance and show in your Available Funds.
  • Around 2am eastern your $10/30 day plan and applicable $5/talk/$15/$25/$30/$40/data plan is charged to your account in the transaction history.
  • The plan amount owing will deduct/debit from any rewards applied to your balance first.
  • Next any plan amount still owing will deduct/debit from any remaining available funds in your balance.
  • Before 3am eastern any remaining plan amount owing if you are registered for autopay will be charged to the card on file.
  • The autopay system will only attempt to charge the card on file that is registered for autopay one time. 
  • If anything interrupts this payment process* and the card charge is not accepted or approved for payment your autopay fails and your account is slated for suspension (or deactivation**).
  • Between 3am and 6am eastern if you log into your account and look at your transaction history and see all of the above except AUTOMATIC TOP UP applied and a $0 plan amount owing*** your account will change at 6am to suspended and your services will stop working.
  • You have about a 3 hour window between 3am and 6am eastern to manually top up your account by credit card or voucher via 611 or thru your self serve or by instant top up at a retailer or online with recharge.com or ding.com ( extra fees are charged for instant top ups.)
  • If your payment is recieved before 6am eastern your account will show active at 6am.
  • At noon eastern you recieve the SMS text(s) from pm via 611. The "Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account." Followed by the "Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed!" SMS text. You will not recieve this text if your autopay failed.

* An autopay failure can be caused by an expired card, a card on hold, over the limit, fraud alerts, billing address change, consecutive charges for the same amount, in or out of house concurrent charges, power surges/failures, account technical anomalies or an act of god/natural disasters.

Edit: Edit my edit due to a misunderstanding.

**Accounts suspended for 90 days without payment will be cancelled and deactivated at 6am eastern on the 90th day.

***Renewals can be delayed occasionally. If each step of renewal has not been detailed in your transaction history by the normal time schedule. Your account/service suspension or deactivation will be delayed by an equal amount of time. ( Delays up to 6 hours have occurred in the past.)

@Shipwreck  are you all good and service back on now?

If not, open a ticket with mod and issue likely still able to be resolved today.

@Shipwreck wrote:

Holy jumpin jesus!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU hTideGnow... Finally someone answered my question......

...just like @Triguy answered your question..over an hour ago.

come back and update us everything is good

Shipwreck

Holy jumpin jesus!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU hTideGnow... Finally someone answered my question......

Shipwreck

hairbag1, the fact that the funds have been in my bank account for three days, which is where the auto pay comes out of, means that whether the payment was to come out today or tomorrow means nothing!!!!
My question is..... IF I MANUALLY PAY NOW WILL THE AUTO PAY STILL TRY TO GO THROUGH LATER???????????????????????

@Shipwreck wrote:

I need to know if I manually make the payment are they going to try to do the auto pay again???

No, it won't  

If you manually pay and it goes thought , no Autopay will trigger again. 

In fact, if it has triggered once for this month, it won't retrigger a 2nd time until you manually pay and account back to Active and Autopay will try NEXT cycle, 30 days later

@Shipwreck wrote:

Does anyone here actually read the FULL posts???? I'm tired of explaining this over and over again.....

Initially you said autopay was supposed to occur today but didn't. Then you changed it to tomorrow.

That could be the cause for some confusion...no ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to do a manually pay will the auto pay still try to go through later

yes you will getting the reward $2 AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days.

because your credit card in file in your account for AutoPay.

and don't forgetting public mobile is running on a 30 days cycle and NOT monthly.

if your service not working you have to contact the moderators team.

Good Luck

@Shipwreck wrote:

Have you all missed the part of my posts where I specifically state the MONEY IS IN MY ACCOUNT!!!

@Shipwreck  Can you logon to Self-Serve to see what is it showing for  Available Fund ?  If Available Fund is zero, then there is no money in your PM account.    If Available Fund is non-zero, then there is certainly an issue.

Also, when you are at My Account, please go to  Payment-> Transaction History.  If money successfully paid to your PM account, you should see an entry saying Automatic Top-Up (or manual Top-Up) within the past couple days.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shipwreck  I think that if you have autopay with a valid card, or paid in full, but have no service, you should contact the moderators.

To get a ticket click https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question into SIMon.  Invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. Click it then login and pick the topic, if needed, from the drop down menu. To confirm your ticket has been submitted, check the SENT box in your private messages; click the small envelope beside your avatar at top right on your screen.

Shipwreck

Does anyone here actually read the FULL posts???? I'm tired of explaining this over and over again.....

@Shipwreck  the only reason that give you the illusion that your payment day is always 11th or 12th  except once was that you have only used Autopay since 2020-10-13.   Here would be the previous payment dates and the future one with this 30 days cycle.  As you see , the next couple months, it will shift away from 11th or 12th

2020-10-13
2020-11-12
2020-12-12
2021-01-11
2021-02-10
2021-03-12
2021-04-11
2021-05-11
2021-06-10
2021-07-10
2021-08-09
2021-09-08
2021-10-08
2021-11-07
2021-12-07

Shipwreck

Have you all missed the part of my posts where I specifically state the MONEY IS IN MY ACCOUNT!!! It's been there for three days. Nothing on my account here or at my bank has changed. I clicked the switch credit card thing and re-entered my card number and info.
I need to know if I manually make the payment are they going to try to do the auto pay again??? I can;t have them do that, because if they do then there won't be enough in my bank account to pay the other auto pay bill I have coming out tomorrow and I'll end up with an NSF.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest you Remove Your Payment Card re-entered

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator Team and the are nice service the will 100% help you

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

@Shipwreck  PM is running on a 30 days cycle and hence the payment date will shift.  It won't be just on 11th or 12th.  Please check your credit card history and you will see what I meant.

Logon to your Self-Serve, confirm the Account status and Payment due date.

from the text, it looks like your account is now suspended.  You can try to pay manually online.  If it works, then click the Reactivate current plan button.

If it still fail, you can try putting another credit card on PM account using "Replace credit card" option.

If you don't want to use another credit card, you will have to open a ticket with Mod to see if they can try to process your payment or at least tell you why the payment failed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shipwreck : But it's not always the same day. It's every 30 days...not monthly. It creeps up the month as time goes by. So it does look like you had an autopay failure. Try making a manual payment in the self-serve from the registered payment card and see if it will take it.

Shipwreck

hTideGnow, every month since I started autopay it's always come out on the 11th or 12th, except for one.
As I was typing this I just received a text from Public Mobile saying rewards were added to my account. I usually receive a text shortly after thanking me for my payment.... I haven't received that yet, and when I called 611 it still says my account is suspended.....
I'd like to know why they suspended my account BEFORE my payment was even due...... And no, my minutes were not used up.... Now, as I was just typing that last bit I received a text saying my card was declined...... None of my information has changed...... How can I contact someone to find out what is going on???

@Shipwreck wrote:

Hairbag1, as I mention in my previous reply to you, my payment isn't even due until tomorrow...

What date is  My Account showing  with Payment Due?    Today or tomorrow?

You said you have no service now, is My Account showing your account status as suspended.

Just a reminder, PM is running on a 30 days cycle and NOT monthly.  So, if Autopay took money out May 11, this month should be today: June 10.

@Shipwreck wrote:

Hairbag1, I have double and triple checked. The payment is not suppose to go out until tomorrow, same as it's been since I started autopay.

When your account is getting ready to renew, it'll show as Expired...but the phone should still work.

Are you on a plan with limited calling and you've just run outta minutes ?

Shipwreck

Hairbag1, I have double and triple checked. The payment is not suppose to go out until tomorrow, same as it's been since I started autopay.

@Shipwreck wrote:

Hairbag1, as I mention in my previous reply to you, my payment isn't even due until tomorrow...

Well if payment isn't due until tomorrow...we can't say Autopay failed yet. Double check your account and see when renewal date is.

Shipwreck

Shipwreck

Triguy, as I mention in my above post, the payment wasn't even suppose to come out until tomorrow. So why did my plan expire today, when the autopay wasn't even suppose to go through, and there is enough in my bank account to cover it when it does go through?

Need Help? Let's chat.