cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay and vouchers/GCs

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My account is on autopay. If I buy a PM gift card (e.g. at SDM), I believe I can apply it and still get the $2 autopay discount. Is that still true?

And if I get a GC for $40, but only need $35 because of Rewards, should I put the whole $40 on?

Thanks!

=aw

8 REPLIES 8

ottawa

@mimmo wrote:

speaking RTV  who typically sells them?

I heard Canadian Tire Gas Bar (not store) sells them. Is there an expiry on the $48 vouchers I bought from Esso? I can't find one on the voucher itself but want to be safe. Thanks! =aw

ottawa

I might, today I bought 2 $48 vouchers at Esso (one for each line). Is there a time limit to use them? I can't see one but it's thermal register paper. If they don't expire I'll probably get a few more.

Thanks!

=aw

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ottawa why not just buy the number of vouchers you need? 

ottawa

Thank you all. I was looking at the cards (not register tape) in SDM, I guess they're technically vouchers not GCs.

The only reason I can see not to apply all my vouchers right away (assuming they don't expire) is the remote possibility I might decide to leave PM (Heaven forbid! 😉 but I've come close before). I almost left for Videotron earlier this year but then these Canada-wide-and-3G plans came out and I stayed. I don't anticipate PM drastically changing the rules of my plan in the next 6mo (the most vouchers I'd buy) but other than losing them, there's also no reason to have more than the next month's balance pre-loaded on the account, I think.

=aw

mimmo

@stonechucker even with RTV you have to load the full amount of the voucher,  you can't leave $5 on the voucher.

speaking RTV  who typically sells them?

@mimmo, that isn’t strictly true.  There are also real time vouchers which you provide the clerk your phone number and the specific amount you wish to pay is loaded directly at the time of purchase.

Again, this voucher is the dollar amount with out the tax, and you will still pay the tax at time of purchase.

mimmo

PM only sells vouchers and the vouchers come in predetermined amounts you have to apply the whole amount at once so if you have a $40 voucher all $40 is loaded to available funds.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa wrote:

My account is on autopay. If I buy a PM gift card (e.g. at SDM), I believe I can apply it and still get the $2 autopay discount. Is that still true?

And if I get a GC for $40, but only need $35 because of Rewards, should I put the whole $40 on?

Thanks!

=aw

Yes you will still get auto pay discount reward if autopay is set up, I keep my balance available high enough that it doesn't bill my autopay source (credit card) I still get the reward.

Always apply as much as you can. It will just sit there, no reason to hold onto a gift card that you can lose. Once its in your account it will stay there.

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.