cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay $2 reward?

Holiday888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on the legacy rewards system. I have autopay enabled with a Vanilla Visa Prepaid card. I always pay by vouchers. I got a message from Public Mobile that the card will be expiring. Since the card is only there for the autopay reward and I pay by vouchers will I continue to receive the $2 autopay credit at renewal?

7 REPLIES 7

@HALIMACS I also had a prepaid card that was expired for a long time. I believe I was forced to update when they revamp the new self-serve. I can't remember it exactly, but I now have a card added that expires end of this year. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Holiday888 

It's my understanding that the credit card on file does not need to be active or usable or have a balance. 

Unless this has changed in the last year or so, folks used to put expired/ zero balance prepaid Visa cards on their account to qualify for the rewards and so long as they had manually put necessary funds in the account they would still get the auto pay discount. 

Has this definitely changed,  @Yummy @NDesai @fixin ?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Holiday888 As mentioned, cc must be valid in order to qualify for the autopay rewards. You can simply get a new one and leave $1+ balance on it. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Credit card on file HAS to be valid (not expired) in order to receive autopay credit even if you Never pay by credit card.
Thus you would have to find another card and update CC info and continue to pay any way you prefer.

I guess PM tightened up autopay credit and they monitor if real and valid CC is on file.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Holiday888 - All prepaid cards have an expiry date, ask Visa for a replacement card & you'll have the same funds as before. The expiry date on your Vanilla Prepaid card is close to or after your payment date with Public Mobile. It's because there has to be an expiration of the card but Visa will give you a replacement for free.

You must replace it for the autopay to continue, if not, your Public Mobile account will suspend. If you replace it, you'll continue your $2 autopay reward & still have Public Mobile Service.

Holiday888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@fixin 

Why would they suspend my service when I am topping up with vouchers? The card is only there for the $2 reward.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Holiday888 - I believe the card is expiring soon so then you'll have to get a new prepaid card to continue your service. That is why you are getting the texts. Go to a store that sells the Vanilla prepaid cards and buy another one. Log into your account & load it up with the new information before your Public Mobile service is suspended.

Need Help? Let's chat.