cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay $2 off/month

Jack0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public Mobile on April 3, 2022, with the autopay $2 off/month option. Yesterday (May 3) was the start of my 2nd month, but the autopay$2 off/month was not applied, and I am still paying $15 + tax, at $17.25.

7 REPLIES 7

Yes @warzouing   PM used to have a strong position with $15 and $25 plan.  It was perfect with the additional $2 Autopay.  Now the advantage is gone

Although you can get the same $2 or even more with $40+ plan, but if you are paying that amount, there are better deals with more data elsewhere.

warzouing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Rarely and i can even say never, a reward system change will be in favour of the customer, especially if the program is getting popular. Just take Aeroplan, President's Choice, Publc Mobile, Credit Card Reward as some examples. They are not charitable companies for sure! It all started with licking deals to attract people and when certain threshold is reached, it's time to think it over. That's marketing! Before January 25th, you get 2$ for Autopay no matter what your plan is, now with the 5% change, you need to subscribe to a plan of 40$ minimum to get the same. Hopefully, that applies only to new customers but unfortunately I have to change my messages when advertising PM to new acquaintances. 

@Jack0   Yes, Public changed this as of January 25th.  Now you are earning 5% Public Points back.   You might have a older brochure.  Here is the official announcement and more details to Public Points program:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

Jack0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the info - this is very disappointing. The info on PM's brochure is misleading - not please about that at all!!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jack0 

Unfortunately if you joined PM after January 25/22, you will be enrolled on the new Points system and will not receive $2 credit/month. You will receive 5% of your monthly payment in points. Once you collected 15 points, you will receive a $15 credit off your bill. Or you can use the points for Add-on purchases.

Also, you can purchase entries to PM giveaways. Last month was 3 iPhone 13 phones to give away.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately that isn't an option anymore, I thought the same thing but it is 5% so if you have the 15 plan you would get back 0.75 points which is the equivalent of 75 cents. Yes, it goes without saying that the new rewards program isn't as good.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The site is still not clear on new activations over the $2 autopay as we've seen this questions several times. You don't get the $2. You get 5% in points. Then you save up points and you can buy account credits to go towards your renewals.

Need Help? Let's chat.