cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Payments.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have multiple Accounts between myself and my family, for one of them I recently turned off Pre-Authorized Payments off for since I didn't need this line for over a month so I decided to shut it off and save some money temporarily.

I see a charge on my statement for Public Mobile on a date that didn't match any of my currently Subscibed lines.. I question this and sign into all my accounts to check the Payment Historys, including the one which I've suspended payments on and somehow the Pre-Authorized/Automatic Payments we're turned back on and I was charged for the month I didn't need.. 

I've done this many times in the past, so I know i didn't do anything wrong and I know for sure I had Auto-Pay tuned off for that account.

The SIM Card was not inside of a phone, or being used so it couldn't have been anyone messing with the line (calling 611) to turn Payments back on.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

4 REPLIES 4

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Hmm...looks like we might have to do a screenshot when turning off autopay (unsubscribe) now just to be on the safe side..

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Priority check this out! Something smells fishy!!! I'm definitely curious.  Follow up with PM.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Fraudulent-Billing/m-p/1176043#M816252

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This account had no funds, just a Mastercard saved on file.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Priority  Yes we have heard of this happening before . You didn’t happen to have any credits in available funds did you ? That can sometimes be the culprit. 

Need Help? Let's chat.