cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Payment

Corrie1939
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for Automatic Payment but it's not working.  I topped up the account so that my phone number wouldn't be deactivated but I still can't get the automatic payment to work.  Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Corrie1939  can you confirm from My Account, Overview tab and you are seeing this:

E-MyAcc-AutopayConfirm.jpg

If so, then your Autopay is already enabled.

Now, just tell us what you meant by automatic payment not working?  Were your account Suspended because of an Autopay failure? or you said what @HALIMACS showed above?  If you were setting that or Plan Expired and if your service was still working, the Autopay had not failed.  It was just taking long on the website to change the status back to Active

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you see this on your account? If yes, autopay should work!

Yummy_0-1647612481967.png

Why do you think it did not work? What SMS from 611 says regarding your renewal?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Corrie1939 

Is your renewal day today? You cannot force the payment system to take your payment unless your services have been suspended (and not working) due to a nonpayment. If you have enough available funds in your account balance and your top up payment equals or exceeds your plan amount and was made before 2am eastern (the scheduled time that renewal payments are supposed to be debited from your account) then you just have to wait for the system to take your plan renewal payment as they often run late.

The only time upon renewal that you can force a payment to ensure you are not suspended for non payment is the four hours between plan amounts being debited from available funds and/or autopay charging your payment card (normally 2am eastern).Then there is a 4 hour grace period until account and service suspensions occur at 6am eastern (if autopay fails or available funds are less than your plan amount) and you can then make a manual top up payment.

This will not automatically renew your plan but rather you then must go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Go to your transaction history and look for your 30 day plan charge and your minutes or data amount charge listed with today's or the current date. Your overview page will not update your status until later in the day.

If renewals run late then this grace period is extended by the same amount of time that renewals have been delayed. So if renewal payments are taken at 5am eastern then you have until 9am eastern to make a manual top up payment using the aforementioned method to force payment before account services suspensions occur or if it's the 90th day since paid service account cancellation and deactivation occurs.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Corrie1939  if your services are working, then nothing failed yet.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Corrie1939 

How are you certain the automatic payment would not work?

If you are seeing "suspended" or "expired" messaging on your self serve on the day before your service renews, the messaging you are seeing is completely normal even when on auto pay.

Ignore those messages if you have a valid payment card entered under the auto pay.

It may look something like the below:

HALIMACS_0-1647597193822.png

EDIT:  You will see the messaging on bottom left of Self Serve that "You are currently registered for dynamic auto pay" when auto pay is "ON"

Need Help? Let's chat.