cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay

ToddS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card pays 4% cash back on recurring payments but only 1% on manual payments. My payment isn't designated as recurring (to Visa) by Public Mobile. Can this be changed?

9 REPLIES 9

@Meow 

Are you asking me? PM me. I found on the HISA site...but probably now buried. 

@ToddS wrote:

My credit card pays 4% cash back on recurring payments but only 1% on manual payments. My payment isn't designated as recurring (to Visa) by Public Mobile. Can this be changed?

Companies have specific merchant codes set up with payment processors.  Some reward-centric cards can sometimes costs merchants mroe in fees to accept. I suspect that it's possible that when there's a higher rate of cashback, there could be instances that could make it cost Public Mobile extra to accept these cards.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@ToddS 

You are already getting a good deal here if you compare to a competitor...are you not? Some times you have to suck it up  up and accept the lower % cash back on your credit card. I get my 3% cash back on a top up or auto pay. Perhaps you should reconsider your credit card supplier vs expecting PM to resolve. 

Yo are complaining other want cash back BUT you are enjoining healthy return...

So what CC you are using for such nice return?

@ToddS 

Unfortunately no but if you are out west join the LD Extras program at London Drugs. You can earn their $5 coupons per 10×$10 spend per visit. They are both redeemable on pm vouchers and earnable. The only loyalty program that allows you to do this and equals a 5% rebate. Combine that with a cash back card for pharmacy/drugstore purchases you have a stackable rebate of 8 to 10%. And you get a $5 coupon on your birthday!

@ToddS 

You are already getting a good deal here if you compare to a competitor...are you not? Some times you have to suck it up  up and accept the lower % cash back on your credit card. I get my 3% cash back on a top up or auto pay. Perhaps you should reconsider your credit card supplier vs expecting PM to resolve. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ToddS 

you earn $2 every 30 days!

you can review everything about  AutoPay (publicmobile.ca).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ToddS , PM Autopay is not consider as reoccuring payment on Credit cards.  It does not setup the same way as Pre-Authorized payment on the credit card side.  It is in fact a setup on the Public Mobile as to allow PM to pull the payment monthly.  The way it setup is different.  Many customers already checked with Credit Card companies and confirmed that.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No, it cannot be changed.

PM's renewals are not considered by recurring payments 😞 I have same complain but to no avail...

See here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Autopay-doesn-t-show-up-as-re...

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@ToddS 

Public Mobile payments aren't considered recurring because plans are for 30 days and not monthly.

Sorry it can't be changed.

Need Help? Let's chat.