cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay doesn't work

SakuraMiru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've signed up for autopay but when I was waiting for a text message to say that my autopayment was succcessful I suspected that something might have happened. So when I checked that it said my account was suspended what was that? I was on auto-payement, so it should take money from my card automatically and have it into my phone bill. I didn't think that I would have to manually put money on my account to automatically subtract the money again. Doing that is the same thing as paying my phone bill manually. Whats the purpose of autopay if it doesn't actually work. Now I don't have a phone to use for a day and I use that to be in contact with my parents.

5 REPLIES 5

@SakuraMiru wrote:

i haven't checked and im too scared to

If you have service don't worry about. Those messages are normal. They're designed to scare the living daylights out of new users so they listen to the community to stay away from your account on renewal day so you don't screw with it and make a problem where there wasn't one. All kidding aside.....manually topping up your account a couple of days before will give you peace of mind. Now don't look...itll say expired soon. Seriously don't look unless you lose service.

SakuraMiru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i haven't checked and im too scared to

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SakuraMiru  When your plan is going through renewal your status will show suspended. If your phone is working then you should ignore the suspended status and everything will go back to normal the next day. Intervening during plan renewal is not recommended because it will cause more problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SakuraMiru wrote:

I've signed up for autopay but when I was waiting for a text message to say that my autopayment was succcessful I suspected that something might have happened. So when I checked that it said my account was suspended what was that? I was on auto-payement, so it should take money from my card automatically and have it into my phone bill. I didn't think that I would have to manually put money on my account to automatically subtract the money again. Doing that is the same thing as paying my phone bill manually. Whats the purpose of autopay if it doesn't actually work. Now I don't have a phone to use for a day and I use that to be in contact with my parents.

Are your services still working? Or have they not been since this morning? Did you in fact make that manual payment?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SakuraMiruIt is a known bug that has been here for a few years. If you need 24/7 service.. you have to consider upgrading to Koodo or Telus higher tier services.

Need Help? Let's chat.