cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay charge is too high

Cmski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m getting charged $30.51 each month for the $25 plan. I’ve signed up for auto pay which means I get a $2 reduction in my monthly amount. I should only be charged $25.99 (calculated by $25-$2*1.13% for tax). How do I get the amount they are charging me corrected?

15 REPLIES 15

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Cmski

So how do I connect with a mod?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cmski wrote:

Yes...we have three accounts with Public Mobile. I need to verify what card my sons phone is going to. It could be that the confusion has happened because of the credit we have on this account and us mistaking the payment of another account as a payment on this account. Thanks for your help everyone!!

That was going to be my next question. 🙂

mimmo

@will13am the poster is saying their cc is being charged $30.51, $25 * 1.13 is not  30.51

They are being  charged 27 post rewards  pre tax.

Cmski

Yes...we have three accounts with Public Mobile. I need to verify what card my sons phone is going to. It could be that the confusion has happened because of the credit we have on this account and us mistaking the payment of another account as a payment on this account. Thanks for your help everyone!!

@mimmo wrote:

The question still remains why the credit card was charged  so much.    

If funds are being taken from the credit card and not showing up in the payment history, this is the first time I heard about such a problem.  

mimmo

The question still remains why the credit card was charged  so much.    

@Cmski wrote:

B0EA7C43-18E0-4655-B127-B08D0181AD91.jpeg

Everything looks in order to me.  The last payment was June 23 for $25+ taxes.  In July 25, there was a renewal at zero cost.  There remains $9 of credit in the account.  By the way, I suggest switching to the talk and text plan on the next renewal for the same cost.

Cmski

B0EA7C43-18E0-4655-B127-B08D0181AD91.jpeg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Some transactions are being cutoff with a 30 day selection.  Try the 90 day option.

mimmo

Something looks strange unless items are missing from the payment history. 

Are you on a atext only plan? That's what your history implies. Also it doesn't show the credit card transaction 

you should not have any available funds if you are on auto-pay and if your cc was charged. 

Also the system thinks you are on a 29 pre reward plan. 

Probably time to contact mods unless there is other suggestions others can provide

Cmski

1CC7895A-4B57-48E1-8EB8-563BD2A2A1A6.jpeg

Cmski

9F93850D-D0E1-4DF5-AD74-D462C233078E.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cmski, Are you sure you are on a $25 plan?  Even without autopay, 30.51 is still too much for a 25.00 plan.  However, it is the exact amount for a $27 plan (without auto-pay).  If you were previously on a $27 plan, and the price of that plan dropped to $25 (which it did a couple of months ago), you would need to actually switch plans to get the new, lower rate.  So it looks like you have 2 things that need to be corrected/adjusted.

mimmo

You will Need to send mods a message.  Before that can you send a screenshot of your payment history?

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Need Help? Let's chat.