cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-pay Plan expired

JiayinSun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Online account shows like pics below. Why my plan is 35$, but the amount due is 8$?

JiayinSun_1-1633754363277.png

edited by computergeek541: removed screenoshot containing referral code

9 REPLIES 9

@Iaeejy wrote:

It looks like you are on the 10$ plan. With $2 off for autopay, your monthly works out to $8.

It is true that when a plan change is scheduled, the old plan amount is shown there less any existing account balance. However, the $10 plan has not be offered to anyone for a considerable amount of time and @JiayinSun has already stated that the old plan that is being switched away from is a $40 plan to a $35 plan.  I believe this to be nothing more than a website display error.

Iaeejy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It looks like you are on the 10$ plan. With $2 off for autopay, your monthly works out to $8.

@JiayinSun wrote:

E45242EE-F11B-490D-9B73-C9DCA4ED558C.pngI topped up 8 then 1 to see if it helps. And my history shows like above.

A manual payment can be made for any whole dollar amount that you wish.  Go back and change Payment Type to Other and then type in the amount that you wish.  I strongly suggest topping up so that there is a full $35 balance in your account.  

I also suspect that the amount due will return to normal after the renewal.

JiayinSun

That makes sense. Thank you!

JiayinSun

E45242EE-F11B-490D-9B73-C9DCA4ED558C.pngI topped up 8 then 1 to see if it helps. And my history shows like above.

@JiayinSun wrote:

I changed my plan from 40$ to 35$. I don’t understand where the number 10 comes from.

I have actually seen that happen before where the amount due that is shown in Self Serve is incorrect.  In my case, I simply ignored it because already had enough balance in the account to cover the next renwal.  When it came to the the next renewal, the proper amount was taken from my account.  However, you don't want a situation of autopay being charged too little and then your service being cut off, and this is why I suggest making a manual payment before the renewal takes place.

JiayinSun

I changed my plan from 40$ to 35$. I don’t understand where the number 10 comes from.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First thing.. did you change your plan recently?

The day of plan renewal, it shows plan expired, tomorrow it will be updated and if you have autopay, then it will be all paid and plan renewed.

Now, why it is $10 instead of $35, for that you need to go into payment history and see what all credits have been applied to your account. to bring down from 35 to 10 and then your auto-pay $2 get applied and final payment is $8.

You can contact support if payment history has something unexpected. 

@JiayinSun 

Are you on a $10 plan or are you on a $35 plan?  If you're on a $35 plan, I suggest manually making a payment.  If by some chance that the the autopay process does charge your credit card (it's possible that your card could be charged a few minutes before the manual top up but you didn't yet notice), the extra account balance can be used for a the following renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.