cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto forwarding gmail to text got bounced

powerapple
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I was trying to filter some of my gmails and forward these emails to my10digitphonenumber@msg.telus.com, and got messages saying error or undeliverable for some reason. Error code is 552 5.2.0. My guess is telus server bounced back the emails.

Anyone had the same experience? any solution? 

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @tod, I just select-all'd, copied, and pasted the contents of a 5 page Word document and sent it to my number @mmsg.mb.telus.com and it came through pretty promptly.  

@powerapple I'm not sure what's preventing your forwarding but try the address format @tod mentioned and see if it works. I never did get bounch messages from the ones I tried yesterday, they just went nowhere.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@powerapple how exactly are you setting up the forwarding?

The PM number appears as number@mms.mb.telus.com so it might be worth a shot to try with that instead.

powerapple

@srlawren None of the forwarded emails came through. Always got the delivery failure messages. Maybe telus treats the forwarded emails as spam or like advertising emails. Just my guess.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous is there a way to force mms?  Do I do mms.telus.com instead of msg.telus.com?

So I'm googling around looking into this for fun and lo and behold, the one and only @srlawren talked about this back in May of '17 on this very site.

Email to SMS - cellnumber@msg.telus.com

Email to MMS - cellnumber@mms.telusmobility.com

I sent a small single sms and larger double sms. Both arrived.

I sent a mms photo and it arrived.

Interestingly, the sms showed as +1(999)999-9999.

The mms showed as the known contact name as the from.

This is from Thunderbird on W10 to BB OS10 original texting program.

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering if the sending of it flipped it to MMS and so you would need to turn on data to see if it came that way. Hey...I'm no expert on this...I'm just enjoying your testing things.

@Anonymous my data is on all the time 🙂

@powerapple wrote:

@srlawren Sending single email to text message is working perfectly. If I want to forward some of my emails to my phone via text messages, then the server rejected it. Length shouldn't be a problem, all short messages

@powerapple very strange.  Did ANY auto-forwarded emails come through?  I'm thinking, could it be a volume threshold?  Purely a guess though.  If none of the forwarded ones came through then it's something else.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

powerapple

@srlawren Sending single email to text message is working perfectly. If I want to forward some of my emails to my phone via text messages, then the server rejected it. Length shouldn't be a problem, all short messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Okay for fun I just sent myself something longer (copied and pasted all the rendered page content from the $25 referral promo thread I have open in another tab) and it hasn't arrived on my phone yet.  However, I also have not received an undeliverable message.  But might eventually.

Interesting testing. Try MMS.

Maybe also it stops at one text ie. 160 characters.

@Anonymous is there a way to force mms?  Do I do mms.telus.com instead of msg.telus.com?

I was wondering if the sending of it flipped it to MMS and so you would need to turn on data to see if it came that way. Hey...I'm no expert on this...I'm just enjoying your testing things.

I'm interested in this thread... following now to see the results.  Thanks guys!

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Okay for fun I just sent myself something longer (copied and pasted all the rendered page content from the $25 referral promo thread I have open in another tab) and it hasn't arrived on my phone yet.  However, I also have not received an undeliverable message.  But might eventually.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

srlawren

srlawren

@powerapple just sent myself a text message at xxxyyyzzzz@msg.telus.com and it went through fine.  Are you certain you don't have a typo?

Or perhaps lengthy messages won't work?  I haven't tried with a long message.

Need Help? Let's chat.