cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with these things please? (New client texts not working and CC info removal)

Kgopaul05
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all. Tried messaging CS, but no response as yet in the last 24+ hours. Some assistance please.

New client - I have received the SIM card and just went through with the activation in the PM app. I am porting a number from Virgin. I have initiated the transfer, replied to the transfer sms from Virgin Mobile, I have inserted the PM Sim into the phone. The phone calls seem to be working, and the phone says Public Mobile so im guess its connected to the network now, however, my sms text messages are not working at all. Ive tested it and I cannot send or receive texts. (also, the iphone 12 just keeps saying verifying number and seems stuck on that for some reason)

Secondly, is there a way to remove credit card information from the account profile? I recognize it saved the credit card info when i first paid for the plan and ordered the SIM but id like to remove it please and I cant find a way to. its just asking to replace it with new card info, unless i am missing something? I will be paying my monthly bill via voucher, not with CC.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Kgopaul05

I messaged CS through that link with these issues. Hopefully they can assist and fix quickly.

Thanks

Kgopaul05

Tried this and unfortunately sms text still not working

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Kgopaul05 

Go into your settings and turn off iMessage and FaceTime and reboot the phone. Then go back in and turn them on again. This should resolve it.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kgopaul05  There seems to currently be a technical glitch with SMS messages for new customers.  You would need a customer service agent to remove your credit card, try submitting a ticket via the chat icon bottom right of this page.  If it doesn't work, send agents as private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You can ask them to address both problems, watch for a reply at the envelope icon top right of this page, or tap your avatar for Messages if you don't see an envelope.

Need Help? Let's chat.