cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are they working on VoWifi?

Bastian_Vaughan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I never had the VoWifi toggle visible with public mobile. It was just not there. Last week, suddenly, a VoWifi toggle appeared in my phone settings, it was even turned on by default. It didn't do anything VoWifi related, but it was there. Are they up to something? Today, like a week later, I noticed that this toggle disappeared again from my settings. That's why I was wondering if they're working on something. I mean... Why not? My phone got it from somewhere, so they did  something in the background. 

Any ideas or thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DennyCrane - Google Pixel devices seem to have the toggle here but goes to a TELUS 404 error.

@Bastian_Vaughan No one here will have any knowledge of whether it's coming or not. My dad's old BlackBerry Key 2 on Public Mobile has always had the wifi calling toggle, but it doesn't work. Not sure why it would come and go from your phone, but it's possible they're working on something 🤷

Bastian_Vaughan

Too bad. But I don't think it's a coincidence that it showed up for a week straight and disappeared;)

Bastian_Vaughan

We know that 😉 that was not the question... 😉

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

No wifi calling at Public Mobile at this time.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bastian_Vaughan - I have asked CS_Agent and they didn't do anything.

Some people "Claim" that Wi-Fi calling is coming this year, but no definitive answer.

@Bastian_Vaughan wrote:

I never had the VoWifi toggle visible with public mobile. It was just not there. Last week, suddenly, a VoWifi toggle appeared in my phone settings, it was even turned on by default. It didn't do anything VoWifi related, but it was there. Are they up to something? Today, like a week later, I noticed that this toggle disappeared again from my settings. That's why I was wondering if they're working on something. I mean... Why not? My phone got it from somewhere, so they did  something in the background. 

Any ideas or thoughts?

Sorry, but no informaiton has been provided about this.  

Need Help? Let's chat.