cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are incoming calls free or does it consume minutes?

ricksanchez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently joined PM and I'm wondering if this is the case in the $10 plan?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

@Rao_ashraf wrote:

Re: Are incoming calls free on sundays and public holidyas or does it consume minutes?

I can't think of any carrier who gives out free calling on holidays. 

@Rao_ashraf wrote:

Re: Are incoming calls free on sundays and public holidyas or does it consume minutes?

If you are on the limited time plan $10 50 minutes.  Yes it does consume minutes there are no free days 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rao_ashraf wrote:

No. There aren't any unlimited during evenings/holiday features. If you're on a limited plan, you will always consume minutes if you receive incoming or send outgoing calls.

Rao_ashraf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Pantsontyler wrote:

I've never had incoming calls take minutes away from my plan. Furthermore I don't have a long distance plan, but am able to receive long distance calls, just not make them. I had been under the impression that minutes come out of the caller's plan and not the callee, but perhaps this is not the case with every plan.

Airtime minutes get consumed by both ends of a call (cellular to celluar). It's just a matter if you have unlimited airtime or not. Incoming calls are not included as unlimted unless it is specifically included in your plan with your carrier.  Otherwise, if you have a set number of airtime minutes, an incoming call will deduct from your bucket of minutes (doesn't mater which company you are with), the same as an outgoing call.

For the person receiving a call, it never matters where the other person is call from.  For you to receive that call, it's not even long distance (unless you are are outside of your phone nunber's local calling area).

"Unlimited" plans should have no additional charges for incoming calls.  The newer limited minute plans seem to now be incuring charges - but it's questionable as to whether they are chargable in various usage types (LD, incoming/outgoing, forward to voice mail, etc).

Frustrating... 

Pantsontyler

I've never had incoming calls take minutes away from my plan. Furthermore I don't have a long distance plan, but am able to receive long distance calls, just not make them. I had been under the impression that minutes come out of the caller's plan and not the callee, but perhaps this is not the case with every plan.

No plan has free incoming calls, unless it has unlimited calling minutes.  

Text message is unlimied receiving.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rickman chez, those old posts were likely from before the 10/50/50 plan was introduced, when talk / text was unlimited on all plans. 

ricksanchez

I thought they were free to receive 😕 old posts were outdated I guess 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Incoming texts are free on the $10 plan, but not calls.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ricksanchez wrote:

I recently joined PM and I'm wondering if this is the case in the $10 plan?

Thanks 

Hi @ricksanchez,

Incoming calls are not free and do count towards the 50 minutes in the $10 plan. 

For more information about the new $10 plan, check this topic:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

Need Help? Let's chat.