cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PM advertising inaccuracies purposely calculated? (STILL offers $2 on Auto Pay.)

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are PM advertising inaccuracies purposely calculated?

PM web programmers are obviously capable having made numerous updates and corrections to the PM web pages.  However, to this date they have not corrected the misleading plan benefits such as a $2 and 250 MB bonus if auto pay is chosen.  Over the past few months, I for one have reported these mistakes several times and other then apologies nothing has been done. I am not losing sleep over this but it is clear to me that I have been misled to switching to the new point system. And again, other than the apologies that acknowledges PM misleading plan features they further apologise that they are unable to reverse my plans back to the rewards system.

I have never before encountered a seller that has made an acknowledged advertising or price mistake and more or less told me  – that’s just too bad.

IN ADDITION:

(1)

Perhaps a reasonable course of action could be if all Oracles could jointly submit this complaint directly to PM.

Also isn’t there a cooling off period law? Accounts switched from the rewards to the point system should be able to switch back within a reasonable time frame. 

(2) 

What are the government regulatory bodies doing other than studies and wasting tax payers money?  Gas prices are soaring despite that the oil companies are making record profits. Food prices are continuously increasing despite record breaking food industry profits ( Loblaws shows 40% profit increases). @dust2dust

(3). 

By “free marketplace”, I simply mean that which matches the law. If the majority of persons want more or less freedoms , they will have to ask their government to pass laws to that effect.

(4) Ohhh wait a minute --what are we discussing here? -> isn't this a community forum setup to help others solve their mobile plan problems?

67 REPLIES 67

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BEER    Yes, unfortunately PM has not bothered to update the wording for plan details in Change Plan option and this has already been mentioned awhile back by another customer, but alas still no change.

Maybe you can screenshot that and ask them to honour it?

BEER

HI@BEER  Then you are not.  You won't get the $2 discount.

I think some people mentioned before that PM has not changed all Communication/promotion wordings yet

BEER

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BEER   

The 250 MB is always there , even without Autopay.  $15 is the only plan that get free data with or without Autopay

If you  are on the old system, then yes, the $2 Autopay reward will  there.  

If you are on the new system, sorry, no $2 Autopay reward.   You will get 5%*$15 in Public Points then (but this come with or without Autopay on the new system)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

As long as you are on old reward rules plan you should get $2 for autopay.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

No I am assuming if you have the old 10 plan which is now 13, that account is under the old rewards program obviously so you can upgrade to a 15 or a 60 and you should keep all old rewards including 2 autopay

Need Help? Let's chat.