cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are CS agents AI chatbots?

Captn001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Serious question. I’m chatting with a CS agent and they keep repeating the same thing. Very bot like scripted responses. Doesn’t answer my questions.  Just repeats the same useless information each time.  Anyone else have the same experience? 

Starts with:

Your quick response and the details you provided are greatly appreciated.   I apologize for the delay.   After working on your case, I'd like to share the following:”

Followed by a useless cut a paste from some FAQ.  Absolutely infuriating. 

6 REPLIES 6

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DennyCrane - Yes, they do need account info for even asking about what things are.

Some are copied and paste scripts, some are not.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

No, but I agree they just seem to copy and paste scripts. And they ask for verification even when there is no account specific information being requested.

Captn001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So annoying. After the price hike they will be too expensive to put up with this poor customer service. There are much better offers out there for $34 a month WITH live agents and phone support. How can Telus be so oblivious to this?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If you don't seem to be getting anywhere @Captn001 , politely request that a senior customer support agent consider your request.

There is significant turnaround (and inexperience) with the front line staff and sometimes there are barriers to getting simple questions responded to in a relevant fashion.

If ya know what i mean ...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

LOL @Captn001 , sometimes it 'feels' that way.

But no, they're not AI chatbots.

But the little chatbot to the lower right is sorta that - but I'm hoping real AI will be wiser.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, I recently had a multiple-message interaction with a CS agent and a lot of their conversation was repetitive and seemed scripted.

Need Help? Let's chat.