cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch?

kavyacee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is public mobile ever going to be able to be used on apple watch? 

9 REPLIES 9

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kavyacee 

Sorry, you cannot setup eSIM on Apple Watch with PM

While eSIM is needed for Apple watch, it is not the only component needed to make it work.  There are still licenses and more servers that PM has to invest to support Apple/Samsung/Pixel Watches. Due to the extra cost, no tier 3 provider is supporting Apple Watch at the moment.

I do not see it going to change. So, if you need standalone data on Apple Watch, your choice is to go with higher tier providers like Telus or Koodo

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The method of these smartwatches being an extension of your phone service using your number and data is not supported here. But there are some watches that can be stand alone. For the Apple Watch I wonder if it can run the Public app. I doubt it though.

Adding - the keyword in my first sentence is extension. These aren't stand alone. They're like accessories to your phone and plan. And no this place doesn't offer that capability.
I would wonder the same with an Android-based watch. Can it run the app. Again I doubt it.

@Circus wrote:

Why not just tie your watch by bluetooth to  your phone ? 

HI @Circus  ,  OP said that: Id like to leave my phone at home….. 

@kavyacee wrote:

Id like to leave my phone at home….. 

If that's the case, you can't use PM for your apple watch then. Like the others have noted, PM is lower tier for simple talk/text/data type users. The big players like Telus have plans that will work for your watch....but will cost a few more scheckles than here at PM. Decision time, eh !

@kavyacee  That’s not a option here at PM you could try to create a new account for eSIM on the watch not sure it will work thou , even then it would have different number then your phone . Best to pay the add on with Telus to add Apple Watch to plan for that case 

kavyacee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Id like to leave my phone at home….. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kavyacee 

I've not used apple watch but your regular PM plan includes data that you should be able to tether your watch with.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kavyacee , probably not seeing how it is a tier 3 service.  I don't know how e-SIMs are loaded into an apple watch.  Is it possible to load a Public Mobile e-SIM into the watch?  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kavyacee  Unlikely it reserved for tier 1-2 providers . But never thought PM would have 5G plans and an app and  here we are so fingers crossed . But you can Bluetooth the watch to phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.