cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparent discrepancy - region

PJP97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've been having issues recently with not being able to call out - even to local numbers.  I thought I'd fixed the problem a few weeks ago when I noticed that my account was still set to ON (where I originally set up my Public Mobile account years ago).  I changed it online to NB, where I now reside, in My Account but still the same issue...

It appears that unless I add a 1 before every number now, even local ones, I get a "UM 1 - the number you have dialed is not in service" recorded message when I try dialing out to any 506 number.  Why is this happening?  

FYI I have an NB number and got a new SIM card from Public Mobile at the time I set that up.

5 REPLIES 5

PJP97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks Handy1!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There was a long time customer the other day that seems to have the same problem but in NS. Are you not able to call toll free numbers either?
Not sure what came of it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/MODERATOR-NEEDED/m-p/1023670

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PJP97 - fyi, it should not matter what your address/province shows in My Account for services you receive. It should be based on the area code of you phone number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PJP97 - this may vary from regions within Canada. If adding 1 in front of all your contacts or when you dial out works then I would try to get in the habit of doing that.

To trouble shoot to see if you can prevent this, try toggling your airplane mode on for a couple minutes, then turning it off.

OR, reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks and VPN settings.

android: Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PJP97  Adding 1 in front of contact is normal I have to do this with PM account and my Telus line 

Need Help? Let's chat.