cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone succeeded in using a US credit card to purchase a plan

bestofluck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I know there are lots of threads to discuss this topic. However, I still have no idea which way will work. I am currently in the US. Would like to use my US credit card to subscribe a plan. However, the zip code field only accepts Canadian zip code format. 

Can anyone kindly provide some instructions about how to use US credit card for the pre-activation/registration process?

E.g.  Use US VISA to purchase a Canada prepaid VISA? Where can I purchase such Canada prepaid VISA online? etc. 

It's quite urgent. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

bestofluck

Got the update from the CSA, for monthly subscription, the only acceptable payment for pre-activation is to use Canadian Credit/Debit card. Prepaid credit card or voucher will NOT work. 

bestofluck

Hi! Thanks! I have asked a friend to purchase a Vanilla Prepaid VISA Card for me. However, it is NOT working. I got the error message.

bestofluck

Thank you so much! I guess any prepaid credit card will work? I heard Vanilla Prepaid Credit card is a good choice? Thank you!

HI @bestofluck 

yes, preapid credit can can be used for activation.

I tihnk the minimum is $25 or so on those card, but there is a initial fees when you buy prepaid cc

bestofluck

Hi! Thank you so much for the reply! Do you have any idea if any Canada prepaid credit card will work? I am also wondering if there is a minimum balance requirement for the prepaid credit card? 

Thanks again for the help!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @bestofluck 

yes, zip code is an issue.  While US issued card can be used, but it has to tie with a Canadian address.   Prepaid credit card is the only workaround, can anyone help to get you one?  I am ot sure if you can get prepaid credit card online.

Need Help? Let's chat.