cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having issues with the Oreo update for android?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I have an S7, but is anyone having any issues with any Samsung or any Android with this update?

9 REPLIES 9

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe you should specify the exact problem you're having with the update

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JL9 wrote:

Lots of things have been working great - just some notification issues...and now that you mention battery life, I'm worried mine is worse. Oh well I will keep an eye on it 

Yeah, notifications are different in Oreo as compared to previous versions.

For battery, assuming there's nothing obvious causing it you may want to back up as much as you can and then do a factory reset and start off nice and fresh.

Taekgun

I updated my s7 to Oreo as soon as it was availble - not issues at all.  Much smoother and responsive then Nougat, and (as stated above) my battery life has improved a bit as well.  Seems like they dealt with all the issues with bootloops that others experienced in other regions of the world during their rollout.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did the OTA Oreo update from Telus last week for Essential phone. No issues even with LTE... which I did have an issue with the previous Oreo update (which I forced by swapping sim cards).

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lots of things have been working great - just some notification issues...and now that you mention battery life, I'm worried mine is worse. Oh well I will keep an eye on it 

youbme

Just upgraded my wife's S7 to Oreo, no problems at all. It has also improved battery life significantly.

koimr1

I'm on Oreo with a Zenfone 3 Zoom and no issues for me. 🙂

Are you having a problem with your S7 or just asking?

GreatCanadian

I'm running Android P on Essential phone, but was on Oreo up until recently. No issues at all.

GC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am running an essential phone on oreo.  Absolutely no problems. 

Need Help? Let's chat.