cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else wish we could turn off 2fa...?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Would be nice if the default setting was on but we could turn it off after doing 2fa once...

10 REPLIES 10

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TheGx   YES!!

Very valid point. But sadly, and I'm not saying this is you, just speaking in general, a lot of people don't have that mentality you do about taking responsibility. A lot of people will find blame somewhere somehow. My VPN changes on my iPhone often and I get the 2FA and I'm not bothered by it. I do admit, I'd like to see a connection between the 2FA text and the app itself. I can't think of it at the top of my head but there are apps I've used where it asks for a 2FA code and when it's sent, the app automatically recognizes the text and numbers and auto populates it for me and I don't have to do a thing. Now THAT would be helpful but eh...    my only care right now is I save money on my cell phone bill. LOL. 

TheGx

Still...I should be able to choose the level of protection I want according to the level of convenience I want...of course if anyone hijacked my numbers it'd be my fault so I couldn't complain about it but I'd still choose to go without 2fa...

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Honestly, it's not a big deal to me. So the system is protecting you as a customer. It's doing it's job every time you change VPN numbers. I say that's great! 

People will complain that someone hijacked and ported their number out to another company blaming the company for a poor security system. Then when they implement a 6 digit 2FA code to protect the customers number, they complain again. What a world we live in. LOL

TheGx

Faaak...

@TheGx  No it just makes the email get code instead of phone when it’s required  . There’s no real way to turn it off 

TheGx

Everytime I change VPN servers it longer trusted device anymore...for me at least...

TheGx

That effective removes 2 factor authentication through email...?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

So far the "trusted device" option is working for me on a browser that doesn't delete cookies etc on exit.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TheGx  .your not alone many have been asking for that . We used to be able to before the introduction of ever safe . You can remove the number from ever safe so the 2FA defaults to the email for account instead thou 

Need Help? Let's chat.