cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else unable to get their esim?

Mittenui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am coming from Koodo and have been frustrated trying to change to public mobile and transferring my number over. First my subscription activation failed, so I had an agent help activate my account. Now I am supposed to be able to acquire the e-sim, but from what I understand, I can't get it unless I get through the app. The app just started working for me (wasn't working earlier) but I can't get past the verification code step since it was sent to my temporary number while in transition... but I can't get the code from the temporary number because I don't have the esim yet with the number! Anyone else have this problem/have it resolved?

5 REPLIES 5

Z_magic

I tried taking out the physical sim and restarting the phone.  The esim worked, except in my case the number transfer failed to complete despite I replied "yes" in the text request for number porting.  I can use data with the Public Mobile esim but not able to receive/send texts as well as making calls unless I have the old physical sim inserted in my phone.

Mittenui

I tried reinstalling the app. It seems I can't login again anymore. 2FA was the issue, but I also didn't have the option to click 'didn't receive code'. I only had the option to resend the code again 😕

hi @Mittenui 

try uninstall the app, reboot phone and reinstall again and see.

if 2FA is the issue, click Didn't receive code and check if email is an option for the code

Mittenui

I've never gotten the welcome e-mail nor a QR code. The agent has been telling me I get it through the app but how I can I get it through the app if I can't get in it the first place...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mittenui 

there have been couple reported that, possibly because of the high volume of activation

did you get a welcome email? if you did, scan the QR code there to install

if same, please submit ticket with CS agent for further help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.