cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to remember login?

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's incredibly tedious, frustrating, and odd why there's no remember login/password/sign-in, etc for this site.

CanadianPerson0_1-1670030697016.png

CanadianPerson0_2-1670030726749.png

Especially given the fact that logging into the Community DOES give the option to stay signed in. Is there any way to allow me to not have to retype my credentials every time I want to check my account?
Has it been like this for ages? Did the Community always have the stay signed-in option? Was it added recently and they forgot to add it to the main account/rewards page?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

CanadianPerson0

I use Firefox as my primary browser, it does have the built-in password keychain, however, I use Bitwarden as my password keychain.

However, I was hoping I'd be able to skip using my password keychains Master Password before signing in to my Account/Rewards page, similar to the Community.

@CanadianPerson0 isn't that Chrome and Edge have  saved password feature ?  They both work well. (Chrome is slightly tricker with the auto-login issue)

CanadianPerson0

hmm

CanadianPerson0

Yeah, I have my credentials saved, however, I have to enter my Master Password beforehand, and for some websites I couldn't care about having the extra security over Ease of Use in this case.

Shame.

Thanks.

CanadianPerson0

Yeah, I have my Bitwarden with my credentials, just annoying signing into my Bitwarden beforehand since this is my personal device that already has a device password lock and nobody else uses it so it's just inconvenient ;/

Rashidkia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have Opera browser in your phone go to menu> setting icon> sync and back up> enable sync> turn on passwords for getting sync. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

Especially given the fact that logging into the Community DOES give the option to stay signed in. Is there any way to allow me to not have to retype my credentials every time I want to check my account?
Has it been like this for ages? Did the Community always have the stay signed-in option? Was it added recently and they forgot to add it to the main account/rewards page?

If you're comfortable with the login credentials being saved on your computer (or other internet-connected device), most web browsers provide an option to save usernames and passwords.

It's convenient, but for security reason I won't do that.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

My iPad has an auto login, in settings. 

I click the box to stay logged in....my iMac is logged in for days.....but iPad is for minutes.  

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

If you're comfortable with the login credentials being saved on your computer (or other internet-connected device), most web browsers provide an option to save usernames and passwords.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@CanadianPerson0 Self-serve login is probably session based with timeouts like any other bank logins. I would rather not stay signed in when closing windows without logging out. For security reasons, that is how it is set up. 

Edit: Your browser should allow you remember the email and password if that is something you use. 

Need Help? Let's chat.