cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any preference to subscribing to PM, website or ios app

sbennett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I begin the subscription process a charge for the sim card is included in the cart. But I already bought the sim card at a local dealer. There doesn't seem to be a way to avoid getting charged for a sim card that i don't need.

Can this be avoided by using the mobile app? Is there any advantage to registering for a new subscription via the website or app?

5 REPLIES 5

sbennett

Changed the physical sim and it works! Thanks for the instruction.

HI @sbennett 

were you trying to use eSIM or physical?. maybe the error is eSIM installation failed?

if you are using physical sim, insert it and test

or you can submit ticket with CS agent to check

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sbennett

I have gone through the process on the app and at step 6 of 6 it says "subscription not activated". Is this because the phone number port over is in progress? I received a text from my service provider and responded YES to porting over the number to PM. No confirmation yet.

The Get Support option in step 6 goes nowhere, just a white screen.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There should be a selection to say you already have a sim. You can go all the way to paying for the plan on the web site. But then you need to use the app to finish the sign up.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sbennett 

not a preference but you need to use App

Suppsoed you can start with browser but it needs app to finish it, and it usually cause trouble.  So, please start subscription process using app

Need Help? Let's chat.