cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another case of porting eligibility check problem

traycer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Went with a PM 437 phone number at first to try things out. Everything looked good, so I wanted to port over my TELUS number. At first, the eligibility check said the number was available for porting, but then it would fail after I confirmed the port. Now, it fails even doing the eligibility check of the same number, regardless of whether I check the "I am authorized to transfer this phone number". The error in both cases is:

"We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance"

This is a 416 TELUS number on a month-to-month postpaid business share plan. I PMed the mods early Saturday morning, but have not heard back yet. Anything else I can try in the meantime? Aside from the above, everything else works great!

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_B @Caroline_D

5 REPLIES 5

@traycer I hear your frustration, and I think the suggestions you're making are good. You reminded me of when I order a pizza online from Domino's. They have a pizza tracker that tells you exactly when it gets out of the oven and when the driver has left. I think it's pretty fantastic! lol  It would be neat if they offered a Port Tracker.

Glad to hear the port did go through and you're now getting service with PM! It's strange how some ports take minutes and others hours. I am told that the majority of the stuck ports is because of user error, not accurately putting in the information. The other people who have problems, there is legitimately something wrong with the port at either carriers' end.

traycer

So it appears the port did actually go through. I noticed my Nexus 5 (with my old TELUS SIM) was having difficulties downloading podcasts this morning, but I didn't have time to investigate until later in the afternoon. I then noticed that my TELUS number was appearing on my LG G4 (with the new PM SIM). Thus at some point Sunday morning, the port was completed.

I suspect what may have happened is that my initial port request did go through, but there was some sort of timeout at the front-end web interface, resulting in an error. Subsequent attempts to check for number eligibility failed because the number was already in the process of being ported. It would be nice if those error messages were more specific and informational, rather than just a general "we are experiencing difficulties". Troubleshooting would be faster and easier.

Also, there does not seem to be any sort of notification or progress tracking of operations like a number port. I had no idea whether my request was in the system, what stage it was at, or an ETA on completion.

Alright, figured I'd ask anyway, as the "trick" worked for a few people yesterday.

I see that one of the moderators Saray_O is making some headway today, so hopefully they'll get caught up on the queue of requests.

One other suggestion... because the eligibility check worked at one time, and now it doesn't, it's possible that your web browser needs its cookies removed or cache cleared for publicmobile.ca. A quick and easy way to see if this is the problem is to try a different browser such as Firefox... just something different than what you first used.

traycer
@daredogg: Yes, I've already tried that several times at different times of the day. Still no go.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you've tried this already @traycer, but this method has helped others...

Start over. Then click the "I am authorized..." checkbox FIRST before you fill in anything else.

Maybe try again? Wish I had a better suggestion.

Need Help? Let's chat.