cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying Notification Alerts

JDiggs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am getting notifications by the minute stating "No mobile data service" "Temporarily turned off by your carrier"

I have done everything suggested in previous community notes, and nothing has worked. I even turned off mobile data completely, and I am still getting these annoying alerts. It has gone off three time already in the time I have written this. 

I know others have had this problem, but there has not been any effective solutions. 

I have tried to start a ticket on the matter, but I keep getting an error message when trying to load the ticket page.

12 REPLIES 12

HI @JDiggs 

What model of phone is that?

JDiggs

This issue has come back in full force today. It never was resolved, it just seemed to quite down for the last few weeks. 

JDiggs

I cannot mute the notification because it is a system notification from the phone. It doesn't even show up on the list for most recent. 

@JDiggs wrote:

I did that.

And what was the result? Did those notifications stop? Or maybe they have stopped now anyway if you're back on LTE.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JDiggs Assuming you are on Android (if not there must be something similar for iOS);

1. As soon as you get a notification open the settings app and select notifications

2. Select App notifications;

3. Select to sort by most recent, this will bring the offending app to the top.

4. Either turn off completely for app or select app and customize for types of notifications (ie: silent)

Although this doesn't answer how to stop them at least they will be less annoying.

JDiggs

I did that. 

Has Telus reduced the 3G towers in the area of Victoria recently?

Try switching the networks down to 3G (WCDMA, UMTS, HSPA). All services will still work but data might be slower. That might turn off those notifications.

JDiggs

This is NOT a promo notification that I am getting ... ( twice)

JDiggs

Great, but how do I get it to stop sending me these notifications? Like it just happened twice now. I live in a basement, and as of the last 6 months with PM, my services have been getting a bit shady at the best of times. (another three time) 

Is there a way to turn this off?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is a network problem. The phone is noticing that the LTE signal seems to be missing but it's still connecting to a tower. It's just wondering um, hello?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JDiggs 

You can reply to the text notification with STOP but the “More is Merrier” promo for free data and LD calling is coming up but you need to reply to the promo text.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JDiggs In lieu of a ticket send them a message at the link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.