cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount of subscribers

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Hello pm community !! I recently heard from a Telus rep that they have 7 million subscribers strong , so naturally this got me to wondering how many pm has. So out of curiosity has anyone have an idea how many subscribers are on pm ?

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

The only problem with your solution is you can't see any stats in the linked post unless you pay for the subscription.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

Find a financial report for Telus year end 2021 or third quarter 2022. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

You can hire me on contract but it'll cost ya?!! 😉

Don't worry I'm working on running it on solar power....I've already figured how to charge my bike using my solar panels how much harder could it be for the Univac 5000?

@darlicious- Maybe I need a Univac 6000 churning away in my basement plugged in to the neighbours power 🙂 But then I'd need the lovely and talented operator to run it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Yes.....but if you use a high estimate based on a telus's churn rate of 2% on 10,000,000 subscribers that's 200,000 per year across telus, koodo and public mobile. That still easily puts pm's subscribership between 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 if not more....?

Official statistics as if November 2022.

TELUS (TU) Churn Rate % as of today (November 25, 2022) is 0.00%. ... with its 9 million mobile phone subscribers nationwide.

And....

2021, Telus had a monthly blended churn rate of 0.91 percent among its wireless subscribers, making Telus one of the large wireless provider with the lowest churn rate in the world.

@darlicious- That's 3 million activations. Any number of which could have gone away over all these years from when that 3 million was 3.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

Public Mobile does have a fairly high churn rate still the overall churn rate for telus is well under 2%. My guess would put it at the high end of @gpixel 's estimate. For example in the 4 months this summer between the end of May and the end of September public mobile had approximately 77,000 activations and was averaging about 50/hour. Account numbers well exceed 3,000,000 so pm could easily have over 2,000,000 subscribers and that's using a very high churn rate of 10%.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

it's probably somewhere in-between 500k-1million. when PM was bought out by Telus they had just under 300k in 2013

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

I think you are on the low side...more like 10 million. 

You might find from the horses mouth, here. Too hard on an iPad to find. 

And the the good thing, in a way, is the more Koodo and PM subscribers (be it post or pre paid) they have takes away from Rogers and Bell. 

Thus the CSA style of help here should sway towards customer retention. 

@darlicious 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Handy1   as of today, Community has 269747 members.   

but remember, people come and go.  There are also scammers created accounts for scamming messages.  There are people who keeps create new accounts after being banned.   But also, there are people who joined but never create a community account. 

I will take a wild guess, maybe only 20% of 269747 is active subscribers, so it will be around 54,000 I guess

@Hollister wrote:

@Handy1 

Have a look at these stats:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/460099/total-number-of-mobile-subscribers-by-provider-canada/

I don't see much from here.. it's only paid subscription

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hollister @Thanks for the info 

Need Help? Let's chat.