cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I doomed?

RonSab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looks like the port of my older number from Lucky Mobile didn't work and now I have a new number.  What are the odds of getting my old number back?  I submitted a ticket but curious to know if there is a chance of success, or should I just start the process of changing numbers everywhere... sigh...

5 REPLIES 5

@RonSab you need to resume the service with Lucky first for the number to port

And if you requested porting when you activated, there should not be another number.  Check My Account, Profile page and check the phone number there.  If a new number, them click Transfer phone number to submit an port request

if it shows your old number, the port still pending, call the PM Porting support team amd they can re-trigger the port request for you.  I will send you the number to your Community inbox 

RonSab

Hi there, my Lucky account is no longer active and the number (when I call) says its out of service.  I will call them now... thanks for the quick reply!

RonSab

Hi there, I joined on Saturday but my Lucky Account appears closed.  Today, this afternoon, my texts all of sudden starting showing a differing number (freaked out my wife a little lol).  I suspect my account was closed at Lucky (timing makes sense from a billing perspective). I will inquire with PM.   oh, and I didn't receive the first text for the transfer but I did receive another to which I replied.   Thanks for the quick response!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RonSab did you join PM for over a month?? If you didn't reply the text from Lucky Mobile to approve the port, and the port pending for over a month, the porting request would expire and PM will assign you a new number

First, check if the lucky Mobile account still active.  Account must be active for the number to port out.  If it is active, login My Account, to to Profile page and click Transfer phone number to request porting again. Once requested, out the Lucky sim back to the. phone and wait for the text and reply YES within 90 mins to complete the port

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RonSab , did you receive a confirmation text from Lucky to verify the number port?  Is your Lucky account still active?  It is possible that your number port failed.  I suggest calling the porting team using the number in the link below and they can help sort things out.  It is unlikely that you will lose your number.

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781...

Need Help? Let's chat.