cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Phone Number Regex Help

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All,  I tried to help my friend to port the phone from Fido, and encountered an message "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help".  I searched in this forum that it is due to the format is not correct, and I just put my cellular phone number and still no working.  I cannot go to the payment page.  Please let me know if anyone had similar issue before and how to resolve.  Also, long time no see for all the old friends.

112 REPLIES 112

Stania
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dont put an alternate number, put your cell number and it works

Stania

Its pretty easy after guessing and a few curses, hahaha. basically follow the instructions, when it gets to alternate phone number in case of emergency, you just put your cell number again

Stania

Solution found for alternate phone number regex help stopping you from proceeding to the next screen. This happens when you are porting your old number from another network to Public. When it asks for the alternate number to call, put in your cell phone number again, and Bobs your uncle. This is probably a programming error or just the way it is explained. Anyways, that's all it was. Your welcome, lol

Vautrec
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To anyone who has this "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help" problem: try a different browser!

I had the problem with Microsoft Edge, I switched to Google Chrome - boom! the problem is resolved instantly!

Hawi

I encountered this problem when I tried to sign up for the first time. I was using Microsoft Edge Web Browser. Then when I tried Google Chrome Web Browser I was able to sign up for an account with no issues. So if you're having similar issue, I suggest using a different web browser than what you were having problem on. Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did that solve the problem?

stasyartsev

Just use Internet explorer 

cameron22

hey I am getting this problem too and have even tried many different numbers 

Rockdaddy22
Try multiple different browsers

stasyartsev
Use Internet exxplorer

redwan

Hello 
I am trying to transfer my phone number from Koodo and I am putting an alternate phone number but it keeps on giving me the error
how will i fix it?????

stasyartsev
Use internet explorer as a browser

leonicoranada
Hi all, Im having the same issue
Pls. Help. I would like to port my number

Rockdaddy22
Please keep us updated on your activation issues.

TimG

I had the same problem yesterday, drove me nuts.  Used all the browsers etc and no luck with porting or choosing a new number.  Today finally chrome worked after having to disable scripts which allowed me to at least select a temporary number instead of porting.

Sent a message to @Shazia_K with my number to be ported and all my info and hoping for a resolution soon so I can get away from wind and go to a service that I am not disconnected from constantly 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Service is rock solid once you get through the activation process. I've been loving it for almost 2 years now.

cmgascon

I had to download Firefox just to signup and port my number from Freedom mobile. Crazy waaaaah. I hope you not gonna give me any more problems in the future public mobile ok?!!

cmgascon

Chrome and Internet Explorer had the issue. Firefox worked thanks

This is a browser compatibility or something seemingly trivial. I'm surprised why they haven't fixed this yet.

They just had a promo for people to port their number from Freedom (wind) mobile so I'm sure people were having this issue.

Rockdaddy22
They might have to lol

stasyartsev

Hopefully PM will send brochure with info which browser to use for activation Smiley Sad

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully one day people will be able to use their favorite browser to sign up for PM 😞

stasyartsev

IE works...

But still I cant understand how come online service could be blocked on activation page for the most popular browser....

Mixture

I activated, etc., using Firefox without any online difficulties, so that is also an option for anyone struggling with their browser of choice.

jfmartel
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Read the previous Page

stasyartsev

For example?

jfmartel
Have you tried the different option suggested in this thread?

stasyartsev

Hi.

As I can see this issue is still exists.

Canct activate account and port my number from Freedom mobile.

Who can assist in this?

jfmartel

freedommobilefu a écrit :

This doesn't help in setting good first impressions. Why would you tell people to switch from Freedom and then make it impossible to activate?

I'm expecting a really important call that is going to negatively affect my business if I'm unable to activate with public mobile, is Public Mobile prepared to be held responsible?

I checked the browser console and these **bleep**ing idiots are loading jQuery library via http instead of https, so of course it's not going to work.

PLEASE get your **bleep** together. Bad enough I ordered a couple of SIM cards and now I can't activate it because some **bleep**wad slipped his finger when clicking deploy. 

If I was working for PM, I'd probably take my time to answer your complain. Talk about a spoiled child attitude...

phoneme

I had similar situation in the morning. I tried everything clearing cache of browser and even tried using Incognito but didn't work. Then later i tried safari which worked right away. Activation was completed but some how my porting hasn't worked but i don' think if they are related.

Rockdaddy22
Not sure what you want us to say. I understand your frustration it definitely sucks. Obviously PM thought they had fixed these bugs, they were wrong.

Make sure you contact a mod asap if you don't have service.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-Data-or-APN-options-for-unlocked-i...
Need Help? Let's chat.