Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

GMonkey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Zyl!

Glad to hear it was an error.

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for this update post !

Since I popped over to PM community to find out exactly what was going on .

No intention to switch over  🙂

And it was funny ('squirrelly')     to see PM original   Intro'  was sent out again 2hrs later,  since  using the same intro' Para'  I did not read any further,  till after reading your last  "Note:"  geeeez

LoL    

vbobo

This was an error email sent out, nobody has been switched over!

@nelito  It was a mistake. There is a message for that matter on this page.

061B5AE6-C052-4834-8927-CFA326012BBE.png

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@nelito  This email was sent out in error. Please disregard it. You have not been switched to the new Public Points system.  The Community Manager @J_PM from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

Jonathan603

Hey, just got the same e-mail. Also did not sign up for this and would like to maintain my existing reward system

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@nelito 

First of all edit your post to remove name and phone number. This is a public forum.

Second that email is a mistake so just ignore it.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nelito 

Please remove your contact information since this is a public forum.

The email was sent in error, and a correction email has already been sent out. The new program is not yet active, and no one is currently enrolled in it, whether or not they'd like to participate.

nelito

I received an email regarding the new Public reward points and had an option to join or stay with the legacy reward program.  I opted to stay with the legacy program but just received another email saying I have been enrolled into the new Public points program.  Please change me back to the old system. 

Edited no personal information for security reasons. Lieux 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is what I now get $72 back / year.----PM-- Convince me that I should switch to the point system. -- 😎

• loyalty Reward ($3)
  • AutoPay Reward ($2)
  • Community Reward $0
  • Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)

BEER

SERIOUSLY  --- What’s the point of all this? This is just another mobile plan so why all this nonsense with rewards, points, forums etc. Just give us the best competitive deal and be done with it.

BEER

@Yummy wrote:

HA! At least now we know what PM is preparing for us.

But if I recall correctly as per announcement 1 point = $1. So 'Loyalty perks: You earned 1 point for every month you spent with Public Mobile so far.' would mean I get $12 off for a year with PM??????

Just NO WAY that will happen.

With this emails PM somebody should be FIRED!

So ...".Loyalty perks: You earned 1 point for every month you spent with Public Mobile so far."... do they say this would be recurring, or just once and then be done with it? So say for 36 months they would give you $36 each and every year/month or what????

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

HA! At least now we know what PM is preparing for us.

But if I recall correctly as per announcement 1 point = $1. So 'Loyalty perks: You earned 1 point for every month you spent with Public Mobile so far.' would mean I get $12 off for a year with PM??????

Just NO WAY that will happen.

With this emails PM somebody should be FIRED!

edited: terms of service/language

Greg45

Thanks! I laughed out loud.

(and you are probably right)

Zyl

@BEER 

This email was sent out in error. Please disregard it. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

Greg45

It is pretty easy to figure out!

Divide the discount dollars by the plan package (i.e. I get $6 off my $25 plan so 6 divided by 25 = 24% discount)  The new PM plan is 5%.

Also note, my current reward system will continue to grow its discount until my 5th year.

If you are getting more than 5% discount right now then I can't see why you would switch and lose money?  ps: I don't have to go into P.M. website to apply my rewards within 90 days (or lose them) on the old plan.

ramjet

Mistakes can be made. But the lack of a correction to this autoswitch email optics a message of "we're both lazy and uncaring." I was pretty incensed by the email and would have avoided a slight coronary if PublicMobile could have been half bothered to do a "oops our bad" follow up. (BTW, I understand that rewards programs change - are downgraded - over time, but I'm be hanging on to the "old" one as long as they'll let me! Insert 'cold dead hands' meme.)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BEER     That's just an email being sent in error by PM, nothing will be switched without you personally taking that action. Here's PM's announcement about this issue:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER 

No one has been switched. The new system is not even live yet, and the details have yet to be announced! 🙂

BEER

All 4 of our accounts have been automatically Switched to points even though we did not ask for this. I read posts that mention this confusion and hopefully all this will be reversed. 

However what's with this new point system ? Received texts/emails advising me that we now have free points and how great this new system is BUT no mention what a point is worth or what to do with them. 🤔 Can anyone explain the benefits of this new system or direct me to a link that actually gives a clear explanation.

CUT AND PASTING BELOW  ONE OF THE EMAILS RECEIVED.

Thank you so much for switching to our new Public Points™ rewards program on .

We set you up with a welcome bonus of 5 Public Points – it’s just our way of saying thanks.

Here’s what to expect:

Beer_0-1643056687422.png

Welcome bonus: Your existing bill credits are gone, but you got 5 points just for signing up.

Beer_1-1643056687423.png

Loyalty perks: You earned 1 point for every month you spent with Public Mobile so far.

Beer_2-1643056687423.png

5% back: You’ll no longer earn points with AutoPay. But, with Points-Back, you’ll earn 5% of every dollar spent back in points.

Beer_3-1643056687422.png

Anniversary points: You'll earn 10 points for every 12 months you stay with us. 
You’ll earn 10 points on .

Beer_4-1643056687423.png

Refer-A-Friend: Instead of $1/month, you’ll now earn 1 pt/month for each friend referred, who is active with Public. 
You could earn points.

Beer_5-1643056687423.png

Community: Earn points by engaging with the Public Mobile community online, as well as with Give Back. You could earn up to 20 points.

Congratulations for getting started with Public Points. Now, it’s time 
to earn and redeem rewards your way.

😎😎🤔🤔

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE --- What’s the point of all this? This is just another mobile plan so why all this nonsense with rewards, points, forums etc. Just give us the best competitive deal and be done with it.

This is what I now get $72 back / year.----PM-- Convince me that I should switch to the point system. -- 😎

• loyalty Reward ($3)
  • AutoPay Reward ($2)
  • Community Reward $0
  • Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)

Greg45

Thanks... but no thanks.

I currently get $6 back on a $25. plan (a.k.a. a 24% discount) so why would I want to change to a 5% point grab?  I am curious what P.M. members who currently pay $0.00 right now think of this Public Points Program?  Can't imagine any of them are going to switch.

THIS LEADS ME TO THINK OF TWO THINGS:

1)  The point system is being introduce because they are losing money ( or not earning enough) on the current system OR people in the know are manipulating the system and this is stop the steal.

2)  Secondly, I fear that at some point we will all be forced to switch over (remember when FB said, "if you don't like our new timeline you can switch back).  While we are told that we can keep our current rewards program... we also know that P.M. has the right to change anything it wants whenever it chooses.  Price-wise there is nothing better than P.M. and while the online service can be slow, the people managing this forum are outstanding. Let's hope we don't lose any of them.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl wrote:

@softech  Who cares about an iPad.   I want a brand new Pixel 6 or a flying car!!  🙂

You crazy?!?!?!? Flying cars are powered by lithium batteries! Do you want to become flying fireball?

@softech wrote:

@Bandsaw  I thought you are in the IT industry looking for jobs.  🙂

No worry, the next email glitch will  be "Congratulations, You WON an iPad with your Public Reward points!!!"

And next sentence would be 'Please click Here to claim your reward'. Hmmmm. would you be brave enough to click...?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl wrote:

We have been responding to these posts all morning.  I better get the next level of community rewards for this month.  LOL  

How much you and the rest are active here, I wish everybody $15 Community reward.

Zyl

@softech wrote:

No worry, the next email glitch will  be "Congratulations, You WON an iPad with your Public Reward points!!!"

@softech  Who cares about an iPad.   I want a brand new Pixel 6 or a flying car!!  🙂

Zyl

@Bandsaw 

This email was sent out in error. Please disregard it. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

@CountyDownIeUk   someone said it once that PM CS agent team is in Romania, not sure if that is true.  

IT team?  Some country with solid IT talent, I guess

@Bandsaw 

I like your title.  But keep in mind when you call Telus and they transfer you....and you say please please not to Manila......they respond that they are an international company and off you go to Guatemala instead. So are they international for labor or services? What I am  getting at.....the international that I have had over the last years either requires a follow up with a demand to speak to someone in Canada or I just live with it to add to the list that would lead me to find services elsewhere. The off shore quality is just not good enough. So....where is their IT?

edit.  I am satisfied with both Telus and PM. 

GMonkey

Phew! I was panicking!

Thanks so much for the info!

Need Help? Let's chat.