cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding second phone to account

NatashaK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I add a second phone to my account? I have one for one child and would like to add another for my other child. Do I just activate it and will they both be under the same account or do I need separate accounts for each child's phone number?

13 REPLIES 13

just activated 2 accounts using the alias method. works great!

@geopublic Yes but for the purposes of this discussion the understanding of email aliases is/was adding a + with something else following. Some email services allow it, others apparently don't. The "period" is universal. Semantics for sure.

@kb_mv wrote:

@NatashaK You don't even have to use an alias. if your email is my.name@wherever.com remove the period and you're good to go. If you don't have the period, add one somwhere.

By adding or removing a period or any other character in fact you are creating an alias.

@NatashaK 

It took me awhile to wrap my head around this at first..... @kb_mv has the simplelest way to do it. Just add a period after the first letter or before the last letter so its easy to remember. 

@NatashaK You don't even have to use an alias. if your email is my.name@wherever.com remove the period and you're good to go. If you don't have the period, add one somwhere.

@NatashaK wrote:

Do you know how to change my email on the account I have now so I can use this one for a new account?

@NatashaK  If your email provider supports aliases (Gmail does) just use an alias for the email so it would be:

<your email>@gmail.com account #1

<your email-1>@gmail.com  account#2 etc

If your email provider does not support aliases just create a new Gmail account for the new account.

Th

NatashaK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you know how to change my email on the account I have now so I can use this one for a new account?

@NatashaK 

Today is the last day you can register an email to take advantage of the second month free promotion. Once registered you will have until 11:59 pm et on Sept 11th to activate a new account.

When activating many choose to activate one or two plans up from the plan they will settle on as their regular plan to take advantage of the extra credit. After recieving the free month credit in the account simply schedule a plan change on your next renewal (the second month.) For example if you choose the $40/5gb plan and change it to the $15 plan for the second month with the free month credit ($40)+($10) bonus referral credit +$2 autopay reward the first 5 months of service will cost an average $8+tax per month. Your first payment due will be month six=$13.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@NatashaK one sim, email address  and cellphone number per account.  You can use an alias. Example if you have a gmail email account. And your address is Natashak@gmail.com. then you can use Natashak+da@gmail.com. Just keep it under 30 characters.  There is a hard limit of 30 characters on the sign up form. Stay safe. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NatashaK  Yes you need separate accounts. It's one phone number per account. One email per account, but you can use email alias.

Use the referral code of your first account when activating the new account. New account will receive $10 credit and first account will receive on-going $1 referral reward every 30 days.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@NatashaK wrote:

How do I add a second phone to my account? I have one for one child and would like to add another for my other child. Do I just activate it and will they both be under the same account or do I need separate accounts for each child's phone number?

@NatashaK    Unfortunately, you won't be able to add another phone to your current account, but can open another account which requires a new SIM and new number and different email from you own account.

You can use the same password for login purposes though.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, you can only have one phone# per account and sim.  You would need a new sim and use a different email address.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can't. Each Sim card needs its own email address. One account per sim card. You can use same credit card. Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.