Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add text option

Bestguy2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have talk plan, no SMS service.

I need few texts once to validate a registration via phone, is there any option to have 10 texts?

Is there anyway to talk to public mobile?

22 REPLIES 22

@Bestguy2018You need to click on Change Plan on the front page of SelfServe.. select the plan you want then scroll down and click either Change Plan Now or Change on next Renewal Date

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.18.14 AM.png

Bestguy2018

The old plan still showing, I clicked on make payment, shows available funds 20$, charged another 10$

@Bestguy2018 wrote:

I did change it to 10$ plan, however still showing the old plan, I see they took 10$ from my credit card already, there is an option to pay now but will be charged twice?

You can't see the new plan in your self-serve account on the first page?

What do you mean...there is an option to pay now but will be charged twice?

Bestguy2018

I did change it to 10$ plan, however still showing the old plan, I see they took 10$ from my credit card already, there is an option to pay now but will be charged twice?

@Bestguy2018If you change the plan now, it should be immediate.. However you will forfeit the amount you had paid for your current plan today until your next renewal date which you had indicated as the 5th (so roughly 8 days worth). If you change the plan now, the next renewal date will be 30 days from today.

Bestguy2018

If I change it now how long does it take to change a plan?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN  good catch. thanks fixed it.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo the 15 dollar plan is unlimited international sms texting not 100 just a heads upSmiley Wink   

@Bestguy2018  I am assuming you are on the discontinued $20 talk only plan.

You might want to consider changing to the 15$ 100 minute outgoing +, unlimited incoming talk plan which includes 100 sms and 250mb data.  This plan plus the newly added 500mins for $5 Canada talk could work depending on how much you talk /month.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bestguy2018 I don't understand, which plan do you have?  Every plan PM offers now includes some form of text.  Even the cheapest plan at $10/month offers 50 outgoing texts and unlimited incoming texts.

If you have one of those old voice plans then you're out of luck, PM doesn't offer a Canadian text add-on option.  There's is a USA roaming text option but I don't think your issue is texting while you're in the USA.  

So if you want to be able to have texts then I suggest you check out the newer plans.  If you need unlimited voice minutes and texting then you'll have to jump on the $25 plan.  If you don't need unlimited voice then I recommend you take the $10 plan, and then add the $5 500 minutes Canada wide talk plan.  With this you get unlimited incoming texts, 50 outgoing texts each month, and then the 500 minutes for $5 (which is basically 1 cent per minute).  If you do this then you're looking at around $8 - $13 on average a month over 1 year (it all depends if you use up the 500 minutes each month, and if you have the $2 autopay credit).  If you don't use up the 500 minutes then whatever is left will roll over to the next month.  So you're not paying an extra $5 every month.  When you run out of the 500 minutes, then the base plan will automatically kick in 50 free minutes each month, and then you can apply for another $5 500 minute add-on whenever you think you'll need the extra minutes.  

Hope what I explained above makes sense.  Good Luck Smiley LOL

mimmo

@Lieux   I believe the poster was refering to a non public mobile account, which sends codes to the cell number on file.  Talk only plans will also receive sms from public mobile ( notifications, announncements, and  account verifications ect)

@Lieux wrote:

@Bestguy2018 wrote:

I have the basic talk plan, I get loyalty discount... They have to send SMS In order to recover my password , got no choice as my billing cycle on the 5th

There is always another solution with the moderator than the text to authenticate your identity. You can pay your bill with 611

@Bestguy2018 wrote:

I have the basic talk plan, I get loyalty discount... They have to send SMS In order to recover my password , got no choice as my billing cycle on the 5th

There is always another solution with the moderator than the text to authenticate your identity. You can pay your bill with 611

mimmo

@Bestguy2018  I am assuming you are on the discontinued $20 talk only plan.

You might want to consider changing to the 15$ 100 minute outgoing +, unlimited incoming talk plan which includes 100 unlimited sms and 250mb data.  This plan plus the newly added 500mins for $5 Canada talk could work depending on how much you talk /month.

Even the $10, 50min plus the 5$ addon could fit the bill  again depending on your usage. 

@Bestguy2018 you won't loose your loyalty discount if you change plans.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

As an alternative, you could use wi-fi with apps like Textnow, Fongo, or Whatsapp to send texts.

Bestguy2018

There are no options to add just a text package to your existing plan.  If you wish SMS at all, you will need to change your plan to include the SMS and MMS system.

What is your current plan made of?  Maybe we can suggest the right plan for you to include the text at minimal cost to you?

@Bestguy2018 it is not an addon but a change in plan, unfortunately yes you will loose your promotional plan if you are on one, but not loose your rewards.

@Bestguy2018 wrote:

I don’t see any option to add text on my add ons, there add on for US roaming and texts for 8$, thats too much, if I change my plan will lose my promo.

Which promo do you have?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Bestguy2018Unfortunately there is no way to do that without doing a plan change, there are no text addons for Canada. The only way to contact Public Mobile is to send a private message to the moderators, but they won't be able to do anything, they would only offer you a different plan.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Bestguy2018 wrote:

Hi,

I have talk plan, no SMS service.

I need few texts once to validate a registration via phone, is there any option to have 10 texts?

Is there anyway to talk to public mobile?

There is NO TEXT ADD-ON...but you can change your plan..you can have a look here...https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans but it's always better to choose CHANGE ON THE NEXT RENEWAL DATE.

And no there is no call center with public mobile....Smiley Sad

Bestguy2018

I don’t see any option to add text on my add ons, there add on for US roaming and texts for 8$, thats too much, if I change my plan will lose my promo.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Bestguy2018You can always add the text option for a month ($5) then remove it after you get your verifications.

There is no way to "talk" to Public Mobile.. the only way is to private message the Moderator_Team via this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.