cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ons

cshank
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up funds on my account.  On Mar 5th $16.95 and @$22.60 were added to my account.  I used the 16.95 to purchase American roaming addon.  I should have 22.60 left on account but instead an additional $13.56 was taken from my credit card.  I have automatic payment set up so these funds should never have been accessed by you.  Explain please.

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

I set up funds on my account.  On Mar 5th $16.95 and @$22.60 were added to my account.  I used the 16.95 to purchase American roaming addon. 

@cshank  So the Add-on cost was $15.00 and you have $20.00 in your account.

I should have 22.60 left on account but instead an additional $13.56 was taken from my credit card.  I have automatic payment set up so these funds should never have been accessed by you.  Explain please.

Looks like you are on the $35.00 plan, correct?  So your plan cost will be $35.00 - $2 (AutoPay) - $1 (Loyalty reward) = $32.00 amount owing. So $32.00 - $20 = $12 amount charged  on your credit card (Note: It will show as $13.56 because of the tax).

Note: PM will use the funds in you account first before the use AutoPay.

lorca01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, if you have funds in your account they are accessed first, before your credit card is charged. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cshank 

So on March 5th you withdrew 15+tax and 20+tax to your account.

You used 15 for add-on

20 was left on your account.

Then at some point (before/sameday/later) another 13+tax was taken by autopay.

What is your balance?

What plan are you on?

If the autopay executed the same day (or before) and you are on 15(-2) plan, it goes around midnight then it would be taken out of your credit card even before you put money on the account. You should have $20 still on your account. It will be used for your next renewal.

If you are on $35(-2) plan then you renewed in the meantime and your accounts should have balance 0.

I've also seen cases where something went wrong and cc was charged though there was enough funds, that was a glitch. There were reports of double charging today as well.

Could you please take a screenshot with account/personal info zoomed out so we can determine.

If something really went wrong you should contact moderators as they are the only ones who can help. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cshank could you please post a screenshot of your payment history?  Please omit all personal imformation. What plan are you on? Could the $13.56 credit card charge be the difference for your plan + applicable taxes?  Thanks.

Proposal - You are probably on the $35 plan, the numbers you are quoting includes taxes and are off your credit card statement. Your actual charge is $35 - 20 - 2 (autopay) - 1(loyalty)= $12 + 13% applicable taxes = $13.56.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cshank   Have you had a renewal cycle since you added the funds and bought your add-ons? 

It looks like you are on the $15 plan with autopay discount, so $13 plus tax has been charged?

Although, the tax rate may be incorrect as it doesn't look quite right.

Edit: If your renewal cycle happened after the funds were added to your account, then those funds are used first to pay your plan cycle and your CC will not be billed, but you will still get the $2 discount.

Need Help? Let's chat.