cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ons

RonCamilleri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just need to make sure about the plan.

we can go anywhere in Canada or the USA and use our phones for calling and texting without any roaming packages or add ons correct? 

ive seen some people post about buying add on roaming....

please confirm it' for calls made anywhere in North America from anywhere in North America.

If we go to Texas and call from there back to Canada it's part of the plan.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@RonCamilleri wrote:

buy a roaming bundle????

HI @RonCamilleri 

you don't have to with the $34 Canada-US plan

We were a bit confused earlier.  But NO, you don't have to buy roaming addon with the $34 Canada-US plan

RonCamilleri

buy a roaming bundle????

Thats exactly what I don't want to do.

I just joined and paid the $34 fee... I was told that it includes all calls make in canada AND THE USA. callingn anywhere to Canada or the USA... in other words I can be anywhere in Canada at the time, or anywhere in the USA at the time I make the call.... with no requirement for roaming plans.. 

just the $34 plan I am on.

Thats all i'm asking... 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
  1. Can I travel to the USA and call back to Canada? Yes, you can call back anyone from Canada with a roaming add on or plan.
  2. Can I make a call when in the USA to another American number? Yes, you can call to a USA number for free with the add on or the roaming plan.
  3. Is there a number for Public Mobile that I can call to confirm this? You can contact a CS_Agent to verify with me.

⬇️ Click the link for An agent ** ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

** - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

HI @RonCamilleri 

so, you do have the $34 plan. 

Yes, straight answer is you can call from US to Canada for free

Make sure you connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.   And if the phone does not connect to the 2 networks, change from Automatic to manual connection.  Better not use 5G for better connection.  Depends on VoLTE works, you might need to use T-Mobile 2G network

RonCamilleri

you didn't answer the question.

You just said I can call to the usa from Canada - great

can I travel to the usa and call back to canada? 

or make a call when in the usa to another USA number?

is there a number for public mobile I can call someone 

fixin

@RonCamilleri - That was what me and @softech were suggesting if you want to go to the USA with that plan. It is free roaming and honestly a steal for me and loads of other Public Mobile subscribers.

So - yes. 

You can call to the USA from Canada & the US for free & you get 50GB of data in Canada and the US for free on the $34/month plan.

You could also go with the add-ons.

Also Public Mobile is pre-paid & doesn't charge for long distance, you will have to get an add-on for US roaming, no overage charges, LD Charges, or else your phone won't connect fully to a cell tower in the USA (Only will receive SMS without a plan / add-on).

RonCamilleri

I just bought the $34 plan... 

Why can't I get a straight answer here?

I want to know if this $34 Canada/U.S. plan includes roaming to the usa. 

In other words.. i can go to the USA and make a call back to canada without any additional charges.

Yes or No?

RonCamilleri

see.. here it goes again.

asking for the Canada- U.S. plan? 

I want a plan where I can go anywhere in north america and make a call... I was told I could go down into the USA and call back to Canada as part of this new plan.. NO roaming charges... correct ? or not.

in other words it doesn't matter where you make the call... there are no roaming fees. I can go anywhere in the USA and make a call and it's part of my plan... correct?

RonCamilleri

oops sorry.. I meant "fixin" not soft tech.. he agreed that it's included... but Fixin is giving me plans???

HI @RonCamilleri 

sorry, I thought you are asking for the Canada-US plan as your first line also said "I just need to make sure about the plan."   🙂

yes, you can just buy the roaming bundle , or roaming voice/text addon  🙂

RonCamilleri

Why is soft tech giving me all these extra add on rate plans?

We are going to the USA this week for the first time.. I just need to know that when I use my phone it's all covered as part of the new $34 plan... or will I get charged to make a call when in Buffalo back to Canada.

RonCamilleri

What is the Fixin?

For $34 I was told I could call and text anywhere in North America... not just from canada but when originating in the USA.. she why are you giving me these data plans? This is what is so confusing.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @RonCamilleri 

yes, voice is included in the Canada and US plan.  So, you can call from US back to Canada for free, and you can also call from Canada to US

But what phone you have?  It is easier to make calls with a VoLTE phones that is on PM's whitelist.  If not, you will need to access T-Mobile 2G network, which the coverage is not as good

But data will certainly work, both T-Mobile and AT&T, just need to make sure you turn on roaming mobile data on your phone.  Also, in case you cannot make calls, you can still use roaming data to make calls using VoIP app

fixin

@RonCamilleri - Yes, there is Talk/SMS/MMS bundle for $15 (10 Points), 1GB for $15 (10 for points), 3GB for $25 (20 Points), Talk, SMS, MMS & 3GB of data for $30 (25 points). These expire after 15 days of buying the add-on.

Another thing to consider is the $34 50GB Canada US plan. You get 50GB Talk + Text. It will end today though.

Also make sure to use T-Mobile OR AT&T, not Verizon or Sprint since Public Mobile has no roaming agreements  with those carriers, and if your phone isn't on Here, then you will need to get connected with T-Mobile on GSM / EDGE / 2G. That will make sure that your phone has a temporary fallback while in the USA because all 3G Networks are decommissioned there. It is slow for data though but at least calls, text & data will work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @RonCamilleri 

if you have the new Canada-US plan, then yes, roaming in US is included.  But again, only the Canada-US plan, such as the promo one like this:

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed17

Need Help? Let's chat.