cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on raoming not working

tanitayl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently added on roaming with data us roaming front with data and it's not working. I paid for it I have to receipt and it's not working. Need it fixed right away

15 REPLIES 15

@tanitayl    All contact from PM is via private messaging so check your community inbox top right of the screen often as you will need to verify your account first once they respond to your ticket.

tanitayl

Yes I will have too. How will the contact me, through email?

@tanitayl    It's frustrating for sure, but response from CSA's can take upto 2+ hours depending upon the number of tickets ahead of yours.  If the roaming add-on didn't work and that's been the case for a lot of customers since American carriers started shutting down their 3G networks this year, then you will definitely get an account credit for the roaming add-on from PM.  You'll just need to be a little patient.

@tanitayl wrote:

I  think there, there a glitch or something. I rather have a refund. I submitted a 

Ticket and no responses 

@tanitayl   PM support usually reply in around 2 hours.  So, just keep checking your Community inbox.

No worry, I am pretty confidence they will work out something with you, just need to give them time to get to your ticket

tanitayl

I am trying to be patient, but this matter should be solved in minutes 

tanitayl

I  think there, there a glitch or something. I rather have a refund. I submitted a 

Ticket and no responses 

tanitayl

It is still not working. It was working before. This is my second time purchasing US raoming. 

@tanitayl   Yes, if you need a refund because you cannot use the roaming, PM will likely reverse the transaction without trouble

But we just want to get you phone working, hopefully.  Try to reseat the sim card as I suggested above

Also, which city and state you are at? Maybe you can try it again in a different area ?

To request refund, please open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

tanitayl

@tanitayl wrote:

Okay I did what you said, went to mobile network , then network operators, selected manual. It scan for networks  and said, error, and then said connect to network, but didn't show me what network? What to do, and can I get a refund  I have a receipt download on my phone

16609341500128125352768637741526.jpg

@tanitayl    Are you currently in the US?  As roaming add-ons will only work while you're stateside.  You can try rebooting the phone and also make sure you've bought the correct (roaming) add too.  Of course, enable roaming.

@tanitayl wrote:

Okay I did what you said, went to mobile network , then network operators, selected manual. It scan for networks  and said, error, and then said connect to network, but didn't show me what network? 

@tanitayl   it could be your device issue.  It shouldn't show error even you don't see any network, but you should see some

First, what kind of phone do you have?  brand and model?

I suggest you to reseat your sim card once.  Power down the phone, take the sim out and wipe it clean, then put it back and power up

tanitayl

Okay I did what you said, went to mobile network , then network operators, selected manual. It scan for networks  and said, error, and then said connect to network, but didn't show me what network? 

@tanitayl    Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks.   Remember to enable data roaming too.  edit:  for talk, you'll need to connect to T-Mobile and select 2G network mode.

tanitayl

How to mannualy connect, what is the setting o should look at

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tanitayl   I think you are in US now?  US roaming works for 10 days, 240 hours, from the moment the add-on was purchased

Please remember to Enable Roaming Mobile data on your phone

Also, try to manually connect (not leave it with Automatic) to AT&T or T-Mobile.  Try them both and see which one works better

However, if your roaming add-on includes voice, your only choice to connect would be T-Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.