cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on payment - problem

mikethebike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On 8th October I bought 500 extra Canadian minutes (the payment showed up on my credit card). I now have a message that I am out of minutes despite my usage being no where near to that amount. What can I do to restore service.

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous 

Excellent observation. Maybe just an update to the wording in the help pages and at the bottom of the one time payment page to "Click EXIT to return to the purchase add ons page (to "complete" or "confirm and submit" your (add on) purchase."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : So in exploring all of this add-on buying problem I came across a source of possible confusion.

In the Get Help page it states to click Go back after making the payment. There is no Go back to click. Back button maybe. But it turns out that clicking Exit will take you back to the purchase add-on screen.

z10user4_0-1634105100041.png

Maybe instead of "Exit", it could be called something like "Return to Purchase Add-ons".

I'd rather see that than changing the text in the help page. Then change the help page to the new wording. The immediacy of the activity would be seen far better than some deep dark help page. I know the bottom has the instructions too but I think this would make even more sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikethebike : You have selected a post that makes sense as your answer. We don't need to know your account status.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikethebike wrote:

I followed these steps and $5.75 was charged to my account linked credit card on Oct 8th I rebooted (turned off and on) the phone. Still getting no service.

@mikethebike 

what is showing in your Status ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikethebike : You're not the first to be confused with this purchasing method. You have done step 1 of adding money. Now you need to do step 2 of actually buying the add-on.

mikethebike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I followed these steps and $5.75 was charged to my account linked credit card on Oct 8th I rebooted (turned off and on) the phone. Still getting no service.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikethebike  check your account ballance and payment history.  most likly you just added funds and did not actually purchase the addon.  

purchasing addonds unfortunatly requires two steps (or doingthe process twice)  first time adds funds second time uses ufunds to purchase the addon

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mikethebike wrote:

On 8th October I bought 500 extra Canadian minutes (the payment showed up on my credit card). I now have a message that I am out of minutes despite my usage being no where near to that amount. What can I do to restore service.

Buying an add on is a 2 step process. You added the money to your account. Now go back in  and make the purchase. Your add on will appear in self service under My Data & Add-Ons once you have made the purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikethebike 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $ ?

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Need Help? Let's chat.