cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on activation issue

amrita183
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All,

I just added this add-on "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" and paid $8 through my credit card. How long does it take to activate?, how do I know that it has been activated? and Where can I track my minutes? 

please help!

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@matthetitan wrote:

hi, 

sorry and thanks, new to this  🙂

ya, I'm in Canada and bought two US roaming - unlimited talk (10 day) haha, and also US roaming - unlimited text (10 day). Seperate add-ons, I think.  The 200mins US and Canada Long distance for $8.00

Which one will work for calling from Canada to United States?

No problem.  The "US Roaming" add-ons are for enabling service(s) while travelling (roaming!) to the USA.  Unfortuantely they do absolutely nothing in Canada.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

matthetitan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

found the $15 plan and it works now thanks 🙂

Cheers

matthetitan

hi, 

sorry and thanks, new to this  🙂

ya, I'm in Canada and bought two US roaming - unlimited talk (10 day) haha, and also US roaming - unlimited text (10 day). Seperate add-ons, I think.  The 200mins US and Canada Long distance for $8.00

Which one will work for calling from Canada to United States?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@matthetitan first off, reving a solved thread from 2016 isn't usually a good idea--in the future, make yourself a new thread for better visibility.

EDIT: I just noticed you said unlimited talk & text--did you puchase the $15 US Roaming Talk+Text add-on? Are you physically in the USA now?  The add-on this thread is talking about is a domestic add-on, to be used to call long distance while you're in Canada.  There is no "unlimited" domestic long distance add-on so I'm guessing here you have the US Roaming bundle.  If you're trying to use that while in Canada, this would definitely explain why the call won't go through.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

matthetitan

I seem to have to same issue, I can't call the states but my account add-ons summary says that I have the US unlimited talk and text. Is there anything else I can do?

smurfnsurf

Thanks for the explanation. We didn't realise that you have to go purchase the add-ons twice, once to add funds, and again to actually purchase. My mother was trying to use the LD add-on but didn't realise she had ony completed the first step of adding funds to her account, even though she had clicked buy add-on. We had a lot of trouble figuring out where she went wrong, until we found this post.

Is there somewhere to suggest that those instructions be added to the add-on page to avoid that confusion in the future? I think it would be helpful to have it written somewhere that adding/activating an add-on must be done in two steps: 1. add funds to your account. 2. use those funds to pay for your add-on.  I just don't know if she ever would have found the answer herself.

Mohfslm
I had the same issue, however, I did both steps and still not able to get the service? Could you please let me know how can I get it?

amrita183
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks a lot it worked 🙂

KevinP

You can check / track Long Distance minutes add-on in Self-serve when you log-in your account > Account Overview > My Add-ons. 

If you don't see it, chances are you haven't yet completed purchasing add-ons. You need to go back to purchase Long distance add-on one more time, this time using available fund in your account. The first time it just loaded money from your credit card to "Available fund".

When done, check to make sure Long distance minutes shows up in your current plan's add-on. The LD minutes Add-ons by default is activated immediately. 

Need Help? Let's chat.